Our Commitment to Accessibility, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At South Broward Hospital District d/b/a Memorial Healthcare System, accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion are important values that affect everything we do. We are committed to ensuring all our patients are welcomed into an affirming environment.
We set our web accessibility standards high and are working to achieve them. Whether you use a screen reader, voice recognition software or another kind of assistive technology, we want www.mhs.net to be accessible and easy to navigate. Our team is dedicated to maintaining a compliant website and creating a useable experience for all customers. We are continuously educating ourselves and learning through training sessions with advocacy groups, industry partners and more.
Memorial Healthcare System Ability, Accessibility, and Inclusion Advisory Council (AAIC)
MHS established the AAIC to educate and advise Memorial Healthcare System about health, healthcare, and health equity issues affecting people with disabilities, their caregivers, and their families. The AAIC provides recommendations for strategies that support comprehensive, inclusive approaches aligned with Memorial’s diversity, equity and inclusion strategies.
Accommodations for Patients Service Animals and Emotional Support Pets
Language Interpreter Services
Memorial Healthcare System provides language interpretation services at our facilities. For more information, please call the Memorial Healthcare System Coordinator for Office of Diversity 954-265-1179.
Memorial Healthcare System ADA Complaint/Appeal Form
This grievance procedure is established to meet the requirements of the ADA. It may be used by anyone who wishes to file a complaint alleging discrimination on the basis of disability in the provision of services, activities, programs, or benefits by Memorial Healthcare System.
The complaint should be in writing and contain information about the alleged discrimination such as name, address, phone number, email address of complainant and location, date, and description of the problem. Alternative means of filing complaints, such as personal interviews or a tape recording of the complaint will be made available for persons with disabilities upon request.
The following are the Grievance Procedures:
- Grievances must be submitted to the Section 504 Coordinator within seven days of the date the person filing the grievance becomes aware of the alleged discriminatory action.
- A complaint must be in writing, containing the name and address of the person filing it.
- The complaint must state the problem or action alleged to be discriminatory and the remedy or relief sought.
- The Section 504 Coordinator shall conduct an investigation of the complaint.
- The Section 504 Coordinator will maintain the relevant files and records relating to such grievances.
- The Section 504 Coordinator will issue a written decision on the grievance no later than 30 days after its filing.
- The person filing the grievance may appeal the decision of the 504 Coordinator by writing to the Administrator of the facility within 15 days of receiving the Section 504 Coordinator’s decision.
- The Administrator of the facility shall issue a written decision in response to the appeal no later than 30 days after its filing.
- The availability and use of this grievance procedure does not prevent a person from filing a complaint of discrimination on the basis of disability with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Civil Rights.
The ADA Coordinator for the Memorial Healthcare System is:
Denise “Denny” DiCesare
Chief Compliance and IA Officer
Memorial Healthcare System
3501 Johnson Street, Hollywood, FL 33021
To schedule an appointment at any of our locations, please call centralized scheduling at954-276-5500
It matters to you. It matters to us.
Quality and Safety Data for Memorial Healthcare System
Our goal is to provide our patients with the information they need to make informed choices for themselves and their families.View Quality and Safety
You have a Right to Know About Prices
We want to give you the information you need to make important healthcare decisions, including the costs of our services.View Pricing
View test results, schedule follow-up appointments, request prescription refills and more.Login or Sign-up to MyChart