Breathing well and sleeping soundly are vital to your health and well-being. Both are essential to your physical health, mental health, safety, productivity and quality of life. If you have chronic trouble either breathing or sleeping, you need a specialist.
The experienced pulmonology team at Memorial Healthcare System uses advanced techniques to diagnose many types of respiratory and sleep disorders. Every day, we develop comprehensive, individualized plans to help patients breathe better, sleep better and live better.
Pulmonology: Why Choose Memorial Healthcare System?
At Memorial Healthcare System Pulmonology, our team builds long-term relationships with our patients. We learn what is important to you and create care plans based on your goals. When you come to us for pulmonary care, you will find:
- An experienced team: Our doctors are specially certified in lung disease and sleep medicine, and they have decades of experience. They work closely with a dedicated respiratory therapist and sleep technicians to treat common and complex disorders.
- High-quality care close to home: We offer advanced testing, leading treatments and supportive care—all conveniently on-site.
- Personalized approach to care: Our team listens to you, discusses treatment decision-making and follows you carefully throughout your care. We welcome your family members to join our conversations and take time to answer your questions and phone calls.
- Quick, comprehensive care: As part of Memorial Healthcare System, our team has access to many other medical specialists for consultations when needed. We also have access to your medical records and notes from previous visits with other healthcare providers in the system. This results in prompt diagnosis and more thorough treatment.
Diagnosing and Treating Lung Disease and Trouble Breathing
At Memorial Healthcare System, our pulmonology team’s priority is to improve your breathing. We want to help you breathe easy so you can be more productive and do the things you enjoy.
Our specialists perform a range of diagnostic tests to determine what is causing you to have trouble breathing. You may need a simple blood test, an X-ray or a CT scan. Or your doctor might need to perform a more complex diagnostic procedure. Either way, all of the leading methods to measure lung function are conveniently available on-site.
Once we confirm a diagnosis, we discuss treatment options with you and develop a comprehensive, individualized plan. Your care may include a combination of medications, oxygen, respiratory therapy and rehabilitation.
We also offer support to help you change habits that may be contributing to your symptoms. For example, we can help you ease back into exercise at our pulmonary rehabilitation clinic or quit smoking.
Respiratory Disorders We Treat
Our specially certified physicians design a treatment plan specifically for you. Their top priority is to help you breathe better so you can do the things you enjoy. Some of the conditions we diagnose and treat include:
Find out more about the respiratory disorders we treat.
Diagnosing and Treating Sleep Disorders
Our on-site Sleep Medicine Center is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. There, we conduct sleep studies to diagnose common sleep disorders, such as sleep apnea and narcolepsy (also known as hypersomnolence).
Sleep Disorders We Treat
Our sleep specialists are board certified in sleep medicine and are determined to help you manage your sleep issues. Your health, well-being, comfort and safety are top of mind. We want to ensure you’re getting a good night’s rest.
Find out more about the sleep disorders we treat.
CPAP Treatment for Sleep Apnea
Patients with sleep apnea are most often treated with a device that provides continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP). Proper fit and maintenance are essential to treatment success. Our sleep technicians work to ensure your CPAP machine and mask are comfortable and working optimally.
Your Pulmonology Care Team
The professionals on our team have extensive experience and hold specialized certifications and accreditations, demonstrating their commitment to your care. Your team may include:
- Pulmonologists: Our board-certified physicians diagnose the reason you are having trouble breathing or sleeping. Then, they design comprehensive plans to treat the condition, prevent symptoms and help you live life more fully.
- Respiratory therapist: Our respiratory therapist helps test your lung function and provides strategies and exercises to help you breathe more easily.
- Sleep technicians: Our technicians conduct sleep studies to help determine why you struggle with sleep. They also help you with treatment devices and good sleep habits.
To make an appointment, call 954-276-1925.