Memorial Healthcare System’s Division of Thoracic Surgery
We offer advanced methods to diagnose and treat diseases and conditions in your chest. We have treatment options for every thoracic condition, from common to complex. This includes cancerous and noncancerous conditions in the lungs, airway, esophagus, pleura, and mediastinum.
Chest and Lung Conditions We Treat
The thoracic surgeons at Memorial offer advanced methods to diagnose and treat chest diseases.
We have treatment options for every thoracic condition, from common to complex, including:
Thoracic Surgery: Why Choose Memorial Healthcare System?
When you come to Memorial for diagnosis or treatment of a thoracic condition, you’ll find:
- Cutting-edge services in your community: Memorial’s thoracic surgeons are fellowship-trained, board-certified experts with extensive experience diagnosing and treating conditions throughout the chest. They work with other specialists in the Memorial network, such as oncologists, pulmonologists and gastroenterologists, to ensure you receive comprehensive care. This combined expertise allows us to provide treatment plans you typically find only at major academic medical centers — only right here in your community.
- Dedicated care partners: Our surgeons partner with you throughout your treatment journey, not just on the day of surgery. We want to be involved early in your care so that we can guide the evaluation—whether or not it leads to surgical treatment. We often suggest nonsurgical management and find that our early involvement helps to build a trusting relationship with our patients. Trust is essential if and when we recommend surgery. We also stay involved well after you recover from surgery. We want to know how you are doing so that we can intervene if there is a problem.
- Prompt appointments and treatment: We see patients promptly, even outside office hours when necessary, so you quickly receive the care you need. We also perform all diagnostic tests in a Memorial hospital, which expedites your care. Our surgeons use a variety of technologies to customize each patient’s care plan. We can do in one visit what otherwise might take multiple visits and procedures. This expedites the diagnosis and treatment process. Moving from the first visit to diagnosis and treatment as quickly as possible is a cornerstone of our practice philosophy.
- Advanced technology: Our surgeons use the most advanced techniques for diagnosis and treatment. Examples include minimally invasive surgery (robotics and video-assisted thoracoscopy, or VATS) and interventional endoscopy such as endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) and MONARCH navigational bronchoscopy.
- High patient satisfaction: We consistently receive excellent reviews from our patients. They cite positive experiences with the entire department, from office staff to surgeons. They frequently comment on our compassion and the ease of navigating through diagnosis and treatment.
- Minimally invasive options: We offer minimally invasive options whenever possible. This means fewer and smaller incisions, shorter recovery time, reduced pain and less risk of complications. Many of our patients go home the same day. Learn more about what to expect with thoracic surgery at Memorial.
Misdiagnosed Elsewhere, Memorial Lung Cancer Survivor Enjoys Life Again
Memorial Cancer Institute First in South Florida, and Among First in U.S., to Use Innovative Technology for Early Detection of Lung Cancer
With 100% funding from Memorial Foundation, new FDA-cleared Monarch™ Platform enables earlier and more-accurate diagnosis of small nodules in the lung.
It matters to you. It matters to us.
Quality and Safety Data for Memorial Healthcare System
Our goal is to provide our patients with the information they need to make informed choices for themselves and their families.View Quality and Safety
You have a Right to Know About Prices
We want to give you the information you need to make important healthcare decisions, including the costs of our services.View Pricing
View test results, schedule follow-up appointments, request prescription refills and more.Login or Sign-up to MyChart