If you or a loved one needs cancer treatment, you want to find the absolute best care possible, close to home. When you come to Memorial Cancer Institute, our professionals are here to provide just that. Our cancer center is one of the largest in the state. We offer award-winning cancer care to more than 4,300 patients each year.
Memorial Cancer Institute has earned a stellar reputation for cancer care thanks to our innovative treatments, commitment to clinical research and comprehensive support services.
Florida Cancer Center of Excellence
In 2020, Memorial Cancer Institute formed a partnership with Florida Atlantic University. This alliance (MCIFAU) brings together the expertise of our physicians with the innovation of FAU’s researchers. Together, we can provide our patients with access to clinical trials that will advance patient care and treatment.
As a result of this alliance, Memorial Cancer Institute was recognized as a Florida Cancer Center of Excellence in 2021 by the Florida Department of Health. We are one of only a handful of Centers of Excellence in the state — out of several dozen Florida cancer centers.
The honor recognizes the role of groundbreaking research and excellence in patient-centered care for people undergoing cancer treatment and therapy in Florida.
Our Commitment to Quality, Safety and Patient Satisfaction
We aim to be the safest healthcare system in America. With numerous initiatives focused on patient- and family-centered care, we provide the highest-quality, safest healthcare for everyone in our care.
Memorial Healthcare System is a leader in quality care and patient satisfaction. Our care consistently ranks higher than state and national averages for measures such as “access to care” and “likelihood to recommend.”
Our Accreditations and Awards
- Accreditation by the American College of Radiology
- Accreditation by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer
- Accreditation by The Joint Commission
- Accreditation of the Memorial breast cancer program by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- Accreditation of Women’s Imaging Centers for Breast MRI by American College of Radiology
- FACT Accreditation for the Blood and Marrow Transplant Program
- ASCO-Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI)
- ASCO Patient-Centered Cancer Care Certification
Awards and memberships include:
- Designated as a Florida Cancer Center of Excellence by the Florida Department of Health
- Care Continuum Center of Excellence in Lung Cancer (GO2 Foundation)
- Recognized by Mayo Clinic for outstanding Cancer Clinical Trial accrual
- Participant in Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR)
- Member of the Sarah Cannon Research Institute (SCRI) Network
- Main Member of the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
- Member of THE ADDARIO LUNG CANCER MEDICAL INSTITUTE (ALCMI) research consortium
- Member of the UCLA Translational Oncology Research International (TORI) Network
- Member of the National Consortium of Breast Centers
- Member of the Florida Pediatric Clinical Oncology Program