Requirements for Visiting Undergraduate Medical Students
Medical students from Florida Atlantic University and Florida International University must contact the school to schedule all rotations at Memorial. Please do NOT apply for rotations through Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO).
Visiting students can apply for a rotation through VSLO. Please review eligibility and document requirements below.
- Students must abide by the Memorial rotation dates
- A maximum of 8-weeks is permitted
- Memorial Healthcare System does not provide housing or meal tickets
- Physicians are affiliated with several hospitals across the healthcare system
- You may be required to travel to more than one hospital while on your rotation
- Emergency Medicine rotation provides SLOEs
- Must be in final year at LCME- or COCA-accredited medical school.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Passed USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Exam.
- Meet all of Memorial Healthcare System’s onboarding requirements:
- MMR (2) or titers.
- Hep B (3) or titers MHS Hep B declination form will be accepted.
- TDap with the last 10 years.
- Varicella or titers or documentation of disease.
- Flu shot (seasonal) October 1 - March 31 (if any of your clinical experiences falls within these dates).
- Covid-19 Vaccine: 2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna or 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson. MHS declination form will be accepted.
- Health screening including negative PPD or proof of a positive PPD along with negative chest X-ray dated after the positive PPD and an attestation of no symptoms.
- 8 panel drug test or higher within the past 12 months of your rotation (option to order after being accepted on VSLO).
- Level 2 Background check within the past 12 months of your rotation (option to order after being accepted on VSLO), including:
- Tri county (Broward, Miami Dade, Palm Beach) background check
- State/FDLE background check
- National background check
- Sex Offenders database
- Check fingerprinting
- OIG Sanctions & Exclusions Check
- BLS for Healthcare providers that is approved by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
- Malpractice insurance ($1 million per claim/$3 million Aggregate). If student purchases malpractice insurance on their own, this must be done prior to acceptance.
- Certify you are HIPAA compliant.
Your VSLO application must include the following:
- Proof of passing Step 1 USMLE/COMLEX
- A brief memo, half of a page, indicating why you are applying for rotations at Memorial Healthcare System
- Curriculum vitae
- Official transcripts
Students accepted for rotations with Memorial Healthcare System must complete the onboarding requirements through Complio, a third-party affiliate. You will be required to upload proof of vaccinations, complete our online orientation, and Memorial specific onboarding forms. You will get the link to register with Complio when you are accepted for the rotation.
*Complio has the option to order your drug test and Level 2 background check. If you have already completed these requirements through another vendor, please upload proof to VSLO Supplemental Documents. Do not upload proof from another vendor to Complio.
It matters to you. It matters to us.
Quality and Safety Data for Memorial Healthcare System
Our goal is to provide our patients with the information they need to make informed choices for themselves and their families.View Quality and Safety
You have a Right to Know About Prices
We want to give you the information you need to make important healthcare decisions, including the costs of our services.View Pricing
View test results, schedule follow-up appointments, request prescription refills and more.Login or Sign-up to MyChart