Special District Information
The South Broward Hospital District d/b/a Memorial Healthcare System is an independent special tax district with hospitals across southern Broward County.
3501 Johnson Street
Hollywood, Florida 33021
Registered Agent for the Department of Economic Opportunity
Aurelio M. Fernandez, III, FACHE
President and Chief Executive Officer
Attn: Legal Department
3111 Stirling Road
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33312
Board of Commissioners
Financial and Legal Information
- A listing of all taxes, fees, assessments or charges imposed and collected by the special district, including the rates or amounts for the fiscal year and the statutory authority for the levy of the tax, fee, assessment or charge. (*Does not include patient charges by a hospital or other healthcare provider.)
- Rates or amounts for the current fiscal year
- Statutory authority for the levy of the tax, fee, assessment or charge
General Financial Information
- Fiscal Year Period:
May 1- April 30
- Annual Financial Report:
Available on Department of Financial Services website:
- Audited Financial Statements:
Final, complete audit report for the most recent completed fiscal year, and audit reports required by law or authorized by the governing body of the financial district
- Regular public meeting schedule
- Meeting / workshop agendas
- Meeting materials
Public Facilities Reports
Retirement System Information
Public Records Requests
Florida Statute 119.01, part of the Florida Sunshine Laws, governs the public’s right to inspect and obtain copies of public records. The Office of the Attorney General’s Government-In-The-Sunshine Manual contains additional helpful information about the law, including summaries of the exemptions that may apply to public records requests.
Under Florida Law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
Anyone can request a public record in person, verbally over the telephone, in an e-mail or in writing.
There may be a fee associated with a public records request, depending upon the amount of staff time required to fulfill the request and costs (such as photocopying). If a fee applies, a cost estimate will be provided in advance.
How to Request Public Records
Custodian of Public Records
3111 Stirling Road
Hollywood, FL 33312
Your request for public records should include:
- Contact information, so Memorial can respond to your request.
- A clear concise description of the records that you are seeking. Please avoid acronyms.
- Searches of e-mails should include:
- Date range for the requested e-mail messages
- Identify e-mail accounts that should be searched, if known
- Keywords to use during a search
In order for us to provide you the best response to your request, please carefully consider the information that will be useful to you. Very broad requests can take longer to fulfill and may become costly. The requested information will be provided in a reasonable period of time under normal conditions, unless such information is considered to be confidential or exempt from public records disclosure.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT FOR MEDICAL RECORDS REQUESTS. Please click here for more information on medical records requests.