Starting Monday, July 13, all Memorial Physician Group adult specialties will continue to offer appointments for telehealth and telephone visits. In-person office visits are on a case by case basis until further notice.
We appreciate your patience during this time of uncertainty. One thing that is certain is Memorial’s commitment to keeping its community safe and healthy.
Under normal circumstances, wounds such as cuts, burns and ulcers should heal naturally over time. Sometimes, however, wounds heal very slowly or fail to improve at all. If left untreated, these chronic, non-healing wounds can lead to a wide range of medical complications.
Call 954-883-8014 to schedule an evaluation of a chronic or non-healing wound.
Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Datasource: Set Video Source here
Our highly skilled team of specially certified physicians, nurses and wound care specialists has advanced training and unmatched experience in wound healing. Together, we deliver some of the most sophisticated therapies and effective medications to create an individualized Total Care Plan that addresses your specific wound care needs. Our center is also one of the only facilities in south Broward County to offer hyperbaric oxygen therapy for patients with hard-to-heal wounds that are not responding to traditional healing methods.
LocationMemorial Hospital Pembroke
7800 Sheridan Street
Pembroke Pines, FL 33024
Conditions We Treat
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Compromised grafts, flaps or surgical incisions
- Crush injuries
- Diabetes-related foot and ankle ulcers
- Hard-to-heal wounds
- Infected wounds
- Necrotizing soft tissue infections
- Post-radiation tissue injury
- Pressure ulcers
- Trauma wounds
- Venous stasis or arterial insufficiency ulcers
- Wounds caused by poor circulation or trauma
- Advanced dressings and wraps
- Antibiotic therapy
- Application of specialty dressings
- Bio-engineered tissue substitutes
- Diabetic ulcer treatment
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (to help raise oxygen levels at the wound site)
- Limb salvage
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Nutritional supplements
- Off-loading with crutches, wheelchairs and other devices
- Podiatry services
- Pressure ulcer reconstruction
- Surgical debridement to remove infected tissue and bone
- Vascular assessment