Requirements for Visiting Students
Medical students from Florida Atlantic University and Florida International University must contact the school to schedule all rotations at Memorial. Please do NOT apply for rotations through VSAS.
Visiting students can apply for a rotation through VSAS. Please review eligibility and document requirements below.
- Students must abide by the Memorial rotation dates
- A maximum of 8 weeks is permitted
- Memorial Healthcare System does not provide housing or meal tickets
- Physicians are affiliated with several hospitals across the healthcare system
- You may be required to travel to more than one hospital while on your rotation
- Emergency Medicine rotation does not provide SLOEs
- Must be in final year at LCME- or COCA-accredited medical school
- Must be in good academic standing
- Passed USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Exam
- Meet all of Memorial Healthcare System’s onboarding requirements:
- MMR (2) or titers
- Hep B (3) or titers MHS Hep B declination form will be accepted
- TDap with the last 10 years
- Varicella or titers or documentation of disease
- Health screening including negative PPD OR proof of a positive PPD along with negative chest X-Ray dated after the positive PPD and an attestation of no symptoms (no quantiferon gold)
- 2 step PPD. If proof of a positive PPD, students must have a negative chest X-Ray dated after the positive PPD and on the attestation letter state no symptoms (no quantiferon gold).
- Flu shot (seasonal) October 1- March 31 (If any of your clinical experiences falls within these dates)
- 8 panel drug test or higher (option to order after being accepted on VSAS)
- Level 2 Background check (option to order after being accepted on VSAS), including:
- Tri county (Broward, Miami Dade, Palm Beach) background check
- State/FDLE background check
- National background check
- Sex Offender’s database
- Check finger printing
- OIG Sanctions & Exclusions Check
- BLS for Healthcare providers that is approved by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
- Malpractice insurance ($1 million per claim/$3 million Aggregate). If student purchases malpractice insurance on their own, this must be done prior to acceptance.
- Certify you are HIPAA compliant
Required Information for VSAS Application
Your VSAS application must include the following:
- Proof of passing Step 1 USMLE/ COMLEX.
- A brief Memo, half of a page, indicating why you are applying for rotations at Memorial Healthcare System
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Transcripts
Students accepted for rotations with Memorial Healthcare System must complete the onboarding requirements through Complio, a third-party affiliate. You will be required to upload proof of vaccinations, complete our online orientation and Memorial specific onboarding forms. You will get the link to register with Complio when you are accepted for the rotation.
*Complio has the option to order your drug test and Level II background check. If you have already completed these requirements through another vendor, please upload proof to VSAS Supplemental Documents. Do not upload proof from another vendor to Complio.