Internal Medicine Residency Education
Explore Our Internal Medicine Residency Curriculum
The academic year is divided into 4-week inpatient blocks followed by 1-week ambulatory blocks.
- 4-week inpatient blocks are assigned to wards, ICU, elective or selective rotations.
- 1-week ambulatory blocks are devoted solely to ambulatory clinics which include continuity clinics, non-IM subspecialty clinics and one afternoon of Ambulatory Didactics.
|Sample PGY1 Schedule|
(# of weeks)
(# of weeks)
- Evidence-Based Medicine workshop
- Residents as Teachers
- Morning Report
- Noon Conference
- Morbidity & Mortality Conference
- Tumor Board
- Journal Club
- Medical Jeopardy/ Trivia
- Ambulatory Didactics Series
- High Value Care Curriculum
- Integrative Medicine Curriculum
- Research Lecture Series
Our unique 4 + 1 schedule offers 4 weeks of rotation (Inpatient floors, ICU or Elective) followed by 1 week of dedicated ambulatory time. This schedule:
- Allows for a more rewarding and uninterrupted outpatient as well as inpatient experience
- Allows the residents to experience a “Group Practice” model as they work in cohorts providing coverage for each other’s continuity clinic patients when their PCP is not in clinic
- Allows for ample continuity with residents’ patient panel
It matters to you. It matters to us.
Quality and Safety Data for Memorial Healthcare System
Our goal is to provide our patients with the information they need to make informed choices for themselves and their families.View Quality and Safety
You have a Right to Know About Prices
We want to give you the information you need to make important healthcare decisions, including the costs of our services.View Pricing
View test results, schedule follow-up appointments, request prescription refills and more.Login or Sign-up to MyChart