General Surgery Residency Application Process
- We offer six (6) categorical positions for PGY1 year
- We will participate in the NRMP match for 2023-2024
- Interviews are granted on an invitation-only basis
- All applications must be submitted through ERAS by December 31, 2023
- USMLE Scores (Step 1 and Step 2)
- Medical School transcript
- MSPE (Dean’s letter)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- ECFMG Certificate if applicable
- E-mail address (we will respond to all questions via e-mail)
- Recent medical school graduate (within the last three years)
- Our institution sponsors J1 Visa
- Applications will NOT be considered if any of the above requirements are missing and/or incomplete.
- USMLE Transcripts are required. Please request your official transcripts from NBME and upload them with your ERAS application.
The 2023-2024 interview dates are as follows:
- October 27, 2023
- October 30, 2023
- November 10, 2023
- November 14, 2023
- November 17, 2023
- December 4, 2023
- December 14, 2023
- December 21, 2023
- January 9, 2024
Please know that MHS does not allow for away rotations. We require 100% of your training to occur at MHS, with almost no exception.
This year all interviews are conducted via Zoom platform.
Please note that we do not offer observership or externship opportunities at this time.