General Surgery Residency Application Process
- We offer six (6) categorical positions for PGY1 year
- We will participate in the NRMP match for 2022-2023
- Interviews are granted on an invitation-only basis
- All applications must be submitted through ERAS by December 31, 2022
- USMLE Scores (Step 1 and Step 2)
- Medical School transcript
- MSPE (Dean’s letter)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- ECFMG Certificate if applicable
- E-mail address (we will respond to all questions via e-mail)
- Recent medical school graduate (within the last three years)
- Our institution sponsors J1 Visa
- Applications will NOT be considered if any of the above requirements are missing and/or incomplete.
- USMLE Transcripts are required. Please request your official transcripts from NBME and upload them with your ERAS application.
The 2022-2023 interview dates are as follows:
- October 14, 2022
- October 19, 2022
- November 2, 2022
- November 18, 2022
- December 9, 2022
- December 16, 2022
- January 6, 2023
- January 11, 2023
Please know that MHS does not allow for away rotations. We require 100% of your training to occur at MHS, with almost no exception.
This year all interviews are conducted via Zoom platform.
Please note that we do not offer observership or externship opportunities at this time.