A penile cancer diagnosis is nothing to be embarrassed about. It’s a rare condition requiring expert care. Our program is one of the few in South Florida with nationally recognized experts who deliver complete care. We are easy to talk to and do everything possible to help you feel better.
Diagnosing Penile CancerOur knowledgeable urologic oncologists carefully evaluate penile cancer symptoms and perform tests that lead to a complete and timely diagnosis. Your care starts with a physical exam. We may also numb the area of concern and take a tissue sample.
Pathologists examine the sample under a microscope to check for cancer cells and determine the cancer stage (severity). Imaging studies, such as MRI or CT scans, may be necessary to help plan treatments.
Penile Cancer Treatments and Support
Surgery is a common penile cancer treatment. We use organ preservation techniques whenever possible. Procedures may include removing a small area of skin, part of the penis or the entire penis. If there is a concern the cancer has spread, we take tissue from the nearest lymph node (inguinal lymph node dissection).
If cancer extends past the skin’s surface, you may need additional treatment to stop its progression and prevent it from recurring. Treatments may include nationally recognized radiation oncology or medical oncology services.
Supportive Therapies and Services for Penile Cancer
We offer a broad range of cancer support services to ease your mind and body during penile cancer treatment. Offerings include integrative medicine practices like acupuncture and therapeutic massage. You also have access to help from social workers and spiritual care.
Penile Cancer Care: Why Choose Memorial Cancer Institute?
The best penile cancer care comes from urologic oncologists, doctors who specialize in cancers affecting the male genitals. Our specialists completed advanced training in some of the nation’s top programs. They maintain exceptional outcomes and advance the field through research. You can count on them for complete care tailored to your diagnosis, needs and lifestyle. Meet our team.
Highlights of our program include:
- Accurate diagnosis: We perform a thorough assessment to pinpoint the source of your symptoms. Our depth of experience enables us to detect penile cancer in earlier stages, protecting you against permanent damage.
- Minimally invasive surgery: We are among the few programs in South Florida offering robotic surgery for penile cancer. This method involves smaller incisions and special technologies that
- enhance the precision of the surgeon’s hands. It leads to less blood loss and a shorter, more comfortable recovery.
- Multidisciplinary approach: If cancer has spread past the skin’s surface, we bring in additional experts, including radiation oncologists and medical oncologists. The team considers all your treatment options and then develops a plan based on your unique needs.
- Supportive care: We offer a range of services that help you move forward with your life after penile cancer treatment. Our extended team includes men’s health specialists who help you get relief from sexual health concerns like erectile dysfunction. You may also benefit from our men's rehabilitation services.