I am a hematologist/oncologist at Memorial Cancer Institute at Memorial Healthcare System. I care for patients with benign hematologic conditions and those diagnosed with a solid tumor. My focus includes lung cancer, head and neck cancer, and cancers of the gastrointestinal tract.
The field of hematology/oncology fascinates me and continues to evolve rapidly. Each patient's case is unique. The field of hematology/oncology can be challenging but also very rewarding. I readily enjoy taking close care of my patients, helping them as they undergo treatment and providing them a lending hand to overcome this challenging time in their lives.
I have published in peer-reviewed medical journals and have presented at international hematologic and oncologic conferences. Our goal at Memorial is to provide the best care for our patients. We strive to stay on the forefront of medicine, participating in numerous clinical trials, which allow us to explore new treatments while offering our patients more options and opportunities that they might not receive elsewhere.
University Of Miami School Of Medicine, 2012
Jackson Memorial Hospital/University Of Miami, 2015, Internal Medicine
Jackson Memorial Hospital/University Of Miami, Oncology and Hematology
Jackson Memorial Hospital/University Of Miami, 2018, Oncology and Hematology
Awards, Achievements, and More
- Campuzano-Zuluaga G, Deutsch Y, Salzberg M, Gomez A, Vargas F, Elias R, Kwon D, Goodman M, Ikpatt OF, Chapman JR, Watts J, Vega F, Swords R. Routine interim disease assessment in patients undergoing induction chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukemia: Can we do better? Am J Hematol. 2016 Mar;91(3):277-82. doi: 10.1002/ajh.24271. Epub 2016 Jan 11.
- Hosein PJ, Maragulia JC, Salzberg MP, Press OW, Habermann TM, Vose JM, Bast M, Advani RH, Tibshirani R, Evens AM, Islam N, Leonard JP, Martin P, Zelenetz AD and Lossos IS. A multicentre study of primary breast diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the rituximab era. British Journal of Haematology. 2014 Jan 27; 165(3):358-63.
I love to be involved in ongoing research to help further our quest for a cure for cancer and to provide more treatment options for our patients. My research interests include thoracic, gastrointestinal and cancers of the head and neck.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Florida Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- Robert Ali, Alfredo Enrique Torres, Sofia Palacio, Matthew Philip Salzberg, Katuska J Barbery, Sree Venkat, Mehul Doshi, Riccardo Lencioni, Maria H Restrepo, Israel Wiznitzer, Bach Ardalan, Nicolas Acquavella, Agustin Pimentel, Caio Max S. Rocha Lima, Govindarajan Narayanan and Peter Joel Hosein. Utility of irreversible electroporation (IRE) for metastatic pancreatic cancer (mPC). Submitted to 2018 Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium.
- Matthew P Salzberg, Pamela Dudkiewicz, Lawrence L Horstman, Wehche Jy and Yeon S Ahn M.D. Unusual Long Term Remission in Multiple Myeloma
Using Conventional Therapy Combined with Danazol. Submitted to American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting 2017.
- Bradley T, Salzberg M, Nahas G, Azab B, Livingstone AS, Byrnes J, Harrington T, Hoffman J. Splenectomy in a Severe Case of Acquired Factor X Deficiency Secondary to Amyloidosis: Discussion and Review of the Literature. Submitted to American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting 2017.
- Salzberg MP, Dai X, VanSaun MN, Nagathihalli N and Merchant NB. Overcoming Erlotinib Resistance with STAT3 Inhibition in Pancreas Cancer. Poster session presented at: Zubrod Memorial Lecture & Sylvester Cancer Research Poster Session; 2017 May 19; Miami FL.
- Salzberg MP, Dai X, VanSaun MN, Nagathihalli N and Merchant NB. Overcoming Erlotinib Resistance with STAT3 Inhibition in Pancreas Cancer. Poster session presented at: Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium; 2017 Jan 18-20; San Francisco, CA.
- Yehuda E. Deutsch, German Campuzano-Zuluaga, Matthew P Salzberg, Alexandra Gomez Arteaga, Justin M. Watts, Jennifer R Chapman, Offiong F Ikpatt, Francisco Vega, Ronan T Swords. Clinical Utility of Morphological Evaluation of Day 14 Bone Marrow Biopsies in Acute Myeloid Leukemia Patients Undergoing Standard Induction Chemotherapy: Time to Change Practice? Poster session presented at 56th American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting and Exposition; 2014 Dec 6-9; San Francisco, CA.
- Salzberg MP, Maragulia JC, Press OW, Habermann TM, Vose JM, Bast M, Advani RH, Tibshirani R, Evens AM, Islam N, Leonard JP, Martin P, Hosein PJ, Zelenetz AD and Lossos IS. Primary Breast Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma: A Distinct Clinical Entity. Poster session presented at: 54th American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting and Exposition; 2012 Dec 8-11; Atlanta, GA.