At Memorial Cancer Institute, we know that a cancer diagnosis impacts far more than your body. Cancer can completely overturn life for you and your family.
Our Cancer Support Services team provides comprehensive and compassionate care to you, your family and your caregivers during and after treatment. We’re here for you every step of the way.
Our dedicated team can help enhance your quality of life throughout treatment and beyond. We also have the resources necessary to remove barriers that might prevent you from receiving the care you need. Together, we’ll help heal your body, mind and spirit.
Support for Healing Your Body
Your medical care team is working hard to treat the cancer you’re experiencing. Sometimes, that treatment can lead to side effects and other symptoms. Our supportive care can help you navigate those issues and improve your physical quality of life. These services include:
- Patient navigator: Your patient navigator is your main point of contact throughout your cancer treatment. These specially trained healthcare providers guide you and coordinate all aspects of care. They can also help connect you with our many cancer resources and services.
- Patient advocate: We connect you with a cancer survivor who can help you through your cancer journey by sharing their firsthand experiences.
- Quick Care Clinic: This outpatient service allows providers to address cancer symptoms and treatment side effects quickly and efficiently. You can receive care over the phone, via telehealth and in person at our clinic. With help from the Cancer Symptom Quick Care Clinic, you can often avoid a trip to the emergency department.
- Nutrition counseling: Our experienced registered dietitians can help ease nutrition issues from cancer and its treatment. We also offer free Healthy Eating classes to teach patients and their families how to eat better during and after treatment.
- Palliative care: These services help improve life for you and your loved ones by relieving cancer symptoms and stresses. This type of specialized medical care is available at any time, from diagnosis through survivorship.
- Integrative medicine: Our integrative medicine specialists use holistic practices such as acupuncture, massage, mindfulness, nutrition, yoga and exercise to help relieve cancer symptoms and treatment side effects.
- Cancer rehabilitation: This program helps you heal physically and emotionally after cancer treatment to achieve the highest possible function and quality of life.
Support for Healing Your Mind
Staying mentally focused and emotionally strong helps improve your cancer treatment outcomes. We’re here to support your mental and emotional well-being with services such as:
- Emotional support from our clinical psychologists helps you and your caregivers manage the mental health challenges that can come with a cancer diagnosis.
- Social services and resources from our oncology social workers assist with issues such as employment and financial concerns that arise during treatment. Our social workers are counselors who can also help you cope with anxiety and emotional issues.
- Cancer support groups for you, your family and other caregivers allow you to connect with others experiencing similar challenges.
- Next Step classes are designed to educate and empower you and your family. You’ll learn how to navigate each of the next steps, from diagnosis to survivorship.
Support for Healing Your Spirit
We know that you’re tougher than cancer. We also understand that some days it might not feel that way. We’re here to lift your spirits with:
- Spiritual care from our interfaith chaplains. They are available to guide you and your loved ones toward healing the spirit and soul during trying times.
- Our Center for Body, Mind and Spirit, which is a refuge for relaxation during treatment. Our experts can help you regain a positive self-image with personalized consultations for wigs, specialized garments, spa services and care products.
Low-Cost or Free Cancer Resources and Services
Memorial Cancer Institute provides most cancer support services to our patients and their families for free or a small fee. Offering services over and above medical treatment is another way we demonstrate our mission to heal your body, mind and spirit.