Memorial Cardiac & Vascular Institute
Quality of life, time with family and ease of treatment. Your needs motivate us to provide innovative, patient-centered, quality heart and vascular care.
As a community health system, we are here for everyone. And when it comes to cardiac care, Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute is the community’s resource. We are a collaborative group of heart specialists and surgeons who treat nearly any heart or vascular condition. We offer answers, from preventive heart health to high-tech procedures in the catheterization lab and even heart transplant.
All of your family’s heart care in one place. That’s what TotalHeart means. That’s our commitment to you.
Why Choose Us for Your Heart and Vascular Care?
Datasource: Total Care Means Delivering Memorial Experience tfk zsIcaSI
You have choices about where to go for treatment. When you choose Memorial, you are choosing a cardiac and vascular institute with broad capabilities and highly trained specialists. We offer:
- Quality heart care in a community setting: We provide services and treatments that are usually associated with university medical centers, right here in South Florida. From research and innovation to the ability to treat advanced heart failure with heart transplant, we provide everything families need to take care of their hearts. You don’t need to travel far for specialty heart care and providers who are expertly trained in proven techniques.
- Team approach to treatment: Our teams of cardiologists and other heart specialists work together for your benefit. We discuss patient cases, review evidence and outcomes, and consult with families before we make treatment decisions. These teams include cardiac and vascular surgeons, interventionalists (doctors who do nonsurgical procedures), electrophysiologists, heart imaging specialists, cardiac anesthesiologists and nurses.
- TotalHeart capabilities: We want to prevent heart problems from occurring. But when they do, we can diagnose, treat and offer follow-up care for a range of heart and vascular conditions. We care for patients with arrhythmia, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, heart attack, heart failure and heart valve disease.
- Heart transplant program: We were the first hospital in Broward County to perform adult heart transplant surgery. Today, we have a growing program. We are committed to serving patients who have no other alternative than heart transplant. Because Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital is part of Memorial, we also offer pediatric heart transplant.
- Comprehensive Care Center for ACHD: The Adult Congenital Heart Association recently accredited Memorial as a Comprehensive Care Center for adult congenital heart disease (ACHD). We are the first heart program in Florida to earn this prestigious accreditation. It means that we provide comprehensive services adults with congenital heart disease may need over a lifetime. Learn more about ACHD.
- Innovative treatments that reduce time in the hospital: No patient wants to stay in the hospital longer than necessary. That’s why we use new technology and new techniques to reduce risks for patients and help them recover from procedures faster. For example, we have expertise in using the wrist artery for cardiac catheterization and angioplasty. We now do 60 percent of our procedures through the wrist artery. This technique is more comfortable for the patient, comes with less bleeding risk and gets patients home sooner.
- Vascular care: Not all hospitals can offer the vascular expertise that we do. In fact, vascular surgery is a highly specialized field that’s often not well understood. When it comes to conditions such as aortic aneurysm, we have experienced specialists trained to perform the latest surgical and minimally invasive treatments. Because of our expertise, area providers consistently refer patients to us.
When choosing a hospital for your heart care, you should be able to access information regarding patient satisfaction, quality and safety, and the number of patients treated. At Memorial Healthcare System, you can easily find those resources as well as exceptional care and one-on-one, personalized treatment from leading cardiologists and surgeons. We are deeply committed to transparency, that's why we voluntarily share and publicly report data about the outcomes of the care we provide. As a result, you can be confident that you have made the right choice for your heart care.
To schedule an appointment or learn more about heart and vascular care at Memorial, call 855-400-6284.
If you’re a physician and would like to refer a patient to Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute, call 954-265-7900.
Born with a heart defect, Elinor turned to Florida's only accredited adult congenital heart disease program when her previously corrected heart valve started to leak.
Delores' Memorial heart failure treatment has kept her from needing a heart transplant.
Memorial's electrophysiology team restored Michael's irregular heartbeat and helped him get his life back.