Medical Director of Cardiac Imaging, Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
I am a cardiac imaging specialist and Medical Director of Cardiac Imaging at the Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute. My team and I use the latest heart imaging technology to diagnose and treat patients with a variety of heart conditions.
I was inspired to pursue a career in medicine after an experience as a young girl volunteering for the Red Cross Society. I learned how to take care of people, care for their wounds, prepare bandages and other tasks. I always loved the idea of taking care of people who are sick and knew after that experience that it was my passion.
When I entered medical school, I immediately became fascinated with the heart. I was curious about all of it – including the anatomy and the physiology of it. The heart is the most dynamic and vibrant organ in the body.
The field of cardiac imaging is constantly evolving – providing us with new tools and ways to examine the heart. It’s nice having all the modalities available at Memorial because we have the right technology at our fingertips to address different heart concerns.
My promise to my patients is that I will take care of them how I would want to be taken care of, and the way I would care for my family, my neighbor or the President of the United States. At Memorial, you are our number one priority.
Related Medical Services
College Of Medicine Lagos University, 1995
Columbia /HCA Michael Reese Hospital, 2001, Internal Medicine
Metrohealth Medical Center, 2004, Cardiovascular Disease
Cleveland Clinic Hospital, 2005, Cardiovascular Disease
Emory University Hospital, 2014, Cardiovascular Disease
American Board of Internal Medicine-Cardiovascular Disease
Awards, Achievements, and More
- Richard C. Brunken and Omosalewa O. Lalude. Nuclear Stress Testing in: The Cleveland Clinic Board Review. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins 2007: Chapter 22, Pg. 233-252.
- Omosalewa O. Lalude, Oussama Wazni and Allan L. Klein. Section II: Left atrial appendage and Pulmonary vein Assessment; Intracardiac Echocardiography in Interventional Electrophysiology: Advanced Management of Atrial Fibrillation and Ventricular Tachycardia. Andrea Natale David J. Wilber. Taylor & Francis Books Ltd. 01/2006.
- Society for Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Society for Cardiac Magnetic Resonance
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- American Society of Echocardiography
- American College of Cardiology
- Association of Nigerian Physicians in the Americas
- Citation of Merit, In-service Training Examination, Michael Reese Hospital, 2000
- University Top Scholar in Medicine, University of Lagos, College of Medicine, 1995