The Memorial Breast Cancer Center brings the strength of one of Florida’s largest breast cancer programs into one location, so that you can see your entire cancer-fighting team in one day.
A Comprehensive Breast Cancer Approach
Memorial Breast Cancer Program offers an interdisciplinary approach, which includes discussions with all of your specialists involved in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer before your treatment begins. We offer FDA-approved clinical trials by an unparalleled team of experts to bring you from diagnosis to treatment and into survivorship. See our breast cancer clinical trials.
Breast Cancer Treatments
Breast cancer treatment has advanced rapidly in the past 10 years. Today’s breast cancer treatments let you continue your normal daily activities with less interruption for treatments and less discomfort from side effects. Your breast cancer treatment at Memorial’s Breast Cancer Center may include:
- Chemotherapy – Memorial Cancer Institute is on your side with chemotherapy treatment, including access to some of the newest and most innovative chemo treatments through clinical trials
- Biologicals – Newer medications, often combined with chemotherapy, that can sometimes be taken orally and have few side effects
- Surgery – An expert breast surgical management team that includes plastic and reconstructive surgeons
- Radiation – Several effective types, including breast brachytherapy (a type of accelerated partial-breast irradiation (APBI))
Breast Cancer Patient & Family Support
A breast cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming to you and your family. At Memorial Cancer Institute, our commitment to patient- and family-centered care means we take care of all of you, not just your cancer.
Image Recovery Center
Our cancer support team knows that one of the hardest parts of treatment and recovery for patients can be the effects on appearance and self-esteem.
Learn more about our Image Recovery Center.
Your patient navigator is here to help guide you through the process of cancer care. You’ll meet your patient navigator at Memorial’s Women’s Imaging Center, and she will work with you to ensure you get in to see the doctors you need as quickly as possible. She will also provide patient and family support with:
- Insurance questions and issues
- Qualification for financial assistance
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Answers to any questions
Learn more about our Patient Navigators.