Urological Cancer Care
Facing bladder, kidney, or prostate cancer can be a difficult proposition, but you don’t have to do it alone. Backed by a team of nationally and internationally renowned urologic oncologists, you’ll have access to advanced, individualized treatment customized for your specific urologic condition.
Datasource: Set Video Source here
Coordinated care ensures you receive a thorough diagnosis while minimizing the number of studies and procedures you will have to undergo and eliminating any unnecessary testing.
To diagnose and treat your bladder cancer - including the prevention of recurring tumors - our highly skilled urologists call on decades of experience when caring for cancer patients. With advanced tools such as a flexible cystoscope, we can pinpoint any suspicious areas on the bladder wall.
If bladder cancer is detected, you will have access to the most appropriate surgical procedures and innovative treatment options available at Memorial, including:
- In-office tumor cauterization of low-grade tumors
- Bladder removal (total cystectomy) with urinary diversion
- Transurethral resection of the bladder
For patients who have been diagnosed with kidney cancer, we perform a variety of surgical procedures, including:
- Partial nephrectomy to remove smaller kidney tumors
- Open or laparoscopic nephrectomy for larger kidney masses
- Removal of kidney stones
Prostate Cancer Treatment
If you are diagnosed with prostate cancer, we offer a variety of tests, procedures, surveillance methods and treatment options for your care plan, including:
- Active surveillance, often used with low-risk prostate cancer patients
- Periprostatic nerve block, which provides pain relief for patients undergoing a prostate biopsy
- Radical prostatectomy by using either a traditional approach or robot-assisted technique
Patient navigators offer personalized, compassionate guidance from diagnosis and treatment to survivorship.
We take care of the whole person, including appearance, self-esteem and emotional well-being.
We care for people, not a diagnosis. Our support services include acupuncture, massage and more.