Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation
If you have suffered a spinal cord injury, Memorial Rehabilitation Institute can help you overcome the physical and emotional challenges that lie ahead.
Our highly experienced spinal cord rehabilitation team can provide you with comprehensive spinal cord treatment, rehabilitation and support aimed at optimizing recovery, restoring function, and if necessary, helping you adjust to a new way of life.
Personalized Spinal Cord Injury Treatment
Depending on your injury, we will design an individualized spinal cord Injury treatment plan just for you, which may include physical, speech, exercise and/or occupational therapies. We offer many unique and innovative treatment options including:
- Recreational therapy – community outings, such as going shopping or to the beach, which allow you to practice everyday activities alongside your physical or occupational therapist. These sessions are available to you on an individual or group basis.
- Determination Drive – a realistic, simulated community environment that offers an innovative way for you to practice life skills—right here at our facility.
- Vector Gait and Safety System – a robotic rehabilitation system for patients with advanced rehabilitation needs. We were the first in South Florida to offer this technology to our patients.
Support for Spinal Cord Injury Patients
Smart Snippet: VideoPeer mentors can provide emotional support that you need during this difficult time. These former Memorial Rehabilitation Institute spinal cord injury and stroke patients can act as your mentor by guiding you through the course of your treatment and supporting you when you transition back into the community.
Datasource: Set Video Source here
- On-site support groups give you an opportunity to share your experiences, frustrations and concerns with other spinal cord injury patients seeking treatment here
- Patient- and family-centered care that allows for 24-hour visitation with bedside accommodations for overnight stays
Number of Patients Treated
Datasource: Set callout here