Occupational therapy is a skilled profession that is devoted to helping adults and children lead independent and productive lives. It involves the use of therapeutic exercises, assistive devices, splinting and cognitive/perceptual retraining.
Before you schedule an occupational therapy (OT) appointment:
— Check with your insurance company to see if they cover OT services and if you need prior authorization. If you do need prior authorization, it may take up to 14 days to get it from your primary care physician.
— Have your prescription and insurance information ready. Your prescription cannot be more than 60 days old on the day of your appointment.
Occupational therapy services typically include an individualized assessment, a personalized treatment plan and ongoing reassessment.
Some health conditions that can benefit from occupational therapy include:
- Arthritis, multiple sclerosis or other serious chronic conditions
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Birth injuries, learning problems or developmental disabilities
- Burns, spinal cord injuries or amputations
- Limitations following a stroke, traumatic brain injury or other neurological disorder
- Orthopedic injuries (broken bones or other injuries from falls, sports or accidents)
- Specific hand injuries
- Vision or cognitive problems
- Work-related injuries
Occupational Therapy Locations
- Memorial Regional Hospital South: 954-265-5453
- Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Pediatric Therapy Services: 954-265-5453
- Memorial Hospital West: 954-844-7180
- Memorial Hospital Miramar: 954-538-4760
- Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Outpatient Rehabilitation Center – Coral Springs: 954-575-8962
- Joe DiMaggio Children's Health Specialty Center – Wellington: 561-341-7000
It matters to you. It matters to us.
Quality and Safety Data for Memorial Healthcare System
Our goal is to provide our patients with the information they need to make informed choices for themselves and their families.View Quality and Safety
You have a right to know about pricing
We want to give you the information you need to make important healthcare decisions, including the costs of our rehabilitation services.View Pricing
View test results, schedule follow-up appointments, request prescription refills and more.Login or Sign-up to MyChart