Explore Our Voice Clinic Services
Memorial Rehabilitation Institute Voice Clinic at Memorial Hospital Miramar offers a comprehensive assessment, education, treatment plan, and support for patients exhibiting a variety of voice disorders.
What Are Voice Disorders?
A voice disorder occurs when the quality of voice production changes. This can include any of the following signs or symptoms:
- Changes in volume
- Increased hoarseness
- Loss of voice (aphonia)
- Vocal fatigue
Patients who experience voice disorders often express concern about having an abnormal voice that no longer meets their daily needs or others perceive it as different.
Symptoms of voice disorders include:
- Loss of voice or significant voice changes lasting longer than a few days and are unrelated to sickness
- Hoarseness lasting longer than 2-3 weeks
- Voice changes that affect quality of life or the ability to complete job duties
- Sensations in the throat
- Severe or prolonged sore throat
What Are Common Voice Disorders?
- Benign lesions including vocal cord nodules, polyps, cysts, and granulomas
- Spasmodic dysphonia
- Chronic hoarseness
- Chronic cough
- Laryngeal trauma
- Functional voice disorders
- Neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s Disease
How Do I See a Speech-Language Pathologist at the Voice Clinic?
Call and make an appointment to visit your ENT specialist to obtain a referral as soon as possible.
For referral to an otolaryngologist, call Memorial Physician Referral at 800-944-3627 (DOCS) or visit our physician directory.
It matters to you. It matters to us.
Quality and Safety Data for Memorial Healthcare System
Our goal is to provide our patients with the information they need to make informed choices for themselves and their families.View Quality and Safety
You have a right to know about pricing
We want to give you the information you need to make important healthcare decisions, including the costs of our rehabilitation services.View Pricing
View test results, schedule follow-up appointments, request prescription refills and more.Login or Sign-up to MyChart