PGY1 Pharmacy Residency: Memorial Hospital Pembroke
The PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program at Memorial Hospital Pembroke (MHP) builds on the Doctor of Pharmacy education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients. Upon graduating, residents will be eligible for board certification, PGY2 pharmacy residency training, and other specialized pharmacy roles.
The Pharmacy Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) Residency is accredited by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP). The residents are integrated into the pharmacy and healthcare team to develop expert knowledge in clinical patient care, medication use systems, and administrative areas. Additionally, the resident will develop skills in leadership, research, project management, and teaching. The ultimate goal of the MHP program is to develop residents into clinicians and leaders with the knowledge and experience to become confident and integral members of a healthcare team and pharmacy practice.
- Number of positions available: 2
- Program duration: 12 months
- Stipend: $49,375 annually
Meet our PGY1 Pharmacy Residency faculty.
Meet our PGY1 residents.
The deadline for applications and all requirements for acceptance is January 15th of each year. Interested applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education-accredited Doctor of Pharmacy degree program
- Register to participate in the match at Match-ASHP Resident Matching Program (NMS Code 229113)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States (Visa sponsorship not available)
- Attend required interview at Memorial Hospital Pembroke. Applicants will be invited to interview based upon their application.
PhORCAS Application Requirements
- Completed PhORCAS application
- Full application with Curriculum Vitae
- College of Pharmacy transcript(s): Minimum of 3.0 GPA or "PASS" as an overall average
- Minimum of 3 references using the standard PhORCAS template
- Letter of intent
- Clinical Services
- Critical Care
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Medication Safety
- Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmacy Management
- Transitions of Care
- Advanced Critical Care
- Ambulatory Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Executive Leadership
- Home Infusion Pharmacy
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Decentralized Staffing: every other weekend encompassing
- Nutrition Support
- Teaching Certificate (optional)
While the program has required rotations, each training year will be designed to meet the professional goals of the resident.
Benefits and Facility Features
- Competitive salary
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Sick leave
- Paid vacation
- Professional travel reimbursement
- BLS/ACLS certification- code response training
- Pharmacy Continuing Education
- Lab Coats
- Dedicated office space
- Free parking
About Memorial Hospital Pembroke
Memorial Hospital Pembroke (located north of Miami, FL) is part of Memorial Healthcare System – one of the largest public health care systems in the nation. There are 301 licensed beds, including a 29 bed Emergency Department and 24 bed Critical Care Unit. In addition to being NIH Stroke Certified, our facility is home to a Bariatric Center of Excellence and Medical Stabilization program with pharmacists participating in a variety of direct patient care roles.
About Memorial Hospital Pembroke Pharmacy
Memorial Hospital Pembroke’s Pharmacy Residency Program was established in 2014 and has full accreditation by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists. Our program combines clinical training with teaching and scholarly activities to develop a well-rounded clinical practitioner with leadership, confidence, and professional skills.
Shalonda Barnes-Warren, PharmD, BCPS
PGY1 Residency Program Director
Clinical Coordinator of Pharmacy Services