PGY2 Infectious Disease Pharmacy Residency: Memorial Hospital West
The PGY2 Pharmacy Residency Program in Infectious Diseases at Memorial Hospital West (MHW) builds on the Doctor of Pharmacy education and PGY1 pharmacy residency training to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists specialized in infectious diseases. Over the course of a year, the resident is integrated into the pharmacy and healthcare teams to build upon their didactic and practical experiences and develop expert knowledge in antimicrobial pharmacotherapy. The program integrates learning opportunities such as research, leadership in medication safety and antimicrobial stewardship, in addition to several teaching opportunities alongside the Infectious Diseases Fellowship program.
Upon program completion, residents will be prepared to practice as well-rounded infectious diseases and antimicrobial stewardship clinicians that can seek board certification in infectious diseases.
All applicants must follow the instructions below to apply:
- Deadline for applications and all requirements for acceptance can be found on the ASHP Directory.
- Applications will only be accepted using PhORCAS.
- Register at The Match-ASHP Resident Matching Program (NMS Code: 632956)
- Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education-accredited Doctor of Pharmacy degree program.
- Eligible for Florida Pharmacist Licensure and a Florida Pharmacy Intern license within 90 days of start date.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States (Visa sponsorship not available).
- Complete panel interview with the residency team.
PhORCAS Application Requirements
- Completed PhORCAS application
- Full application with Curriculum Vitae
- Official College of Pharmacy transcript(s)
- Letter of intent
- Three letters of recommendation (one from PGY1 residency preceptor and/or director)
- On-site interview
Number of positions available: 1
Program Type: PGY2 Residency in Infectious Diseases (ASHP Pre-candidate status)
National Match Service (NMS) Code: 632956
For detailed information, please visit our Pharmacy Residency.
- Estimated stipend: $56,000
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Paid Leave: Vacation, sick, holiday, & educational
- Access to electronic drug references
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Eligibility
- Professional travel time
- Discounted meals
- Free onsite parking
Core Learning Experiences
- Orientation (2-3 weeks)
- Antimicrobial Stewardship I (4 weeks)
- Antimicrobial Stewardship II (4 weeks)
- Adult General Infectious Diseases Consult Service I (4 weeks)
- Adult General Infectious Diseases Consult Service II (4 weeks)
- Adult Solid Organ Transplant Infectious Diseases (4 weeks)
- Adult Hematopoietic Stem Cell Infectious Diseases (4 weeks)
- Ambulatory Care Infectious Diseases and HIV (4 weeks)
- Ambulatory Care Infectious Diseases and HIV (6 weeks)
- Combined Antimicrobial Stewardship and ID Consult Services (2-4 weeks)
Longitudinal Learning Experiences
- Pharmacy Practice – Staffing
- Seminar/Education and Teaching
- Clinical Research
- Drug Policy and Formulary Management
Electives Learning Experiences (4 weeks)
- Transitions of Care
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Emergency Medicine
- Critical Care
- Advanced Ambulatory Care Infectious Diseases with Focus in HIV/Hepatitis B/C
- ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting
- Annual MAD-ID Meeting, The Antimicrobial Stewardship Meeting
About Memorial Hospital West
Memorial Hospital West is a 502-bed academic medicine facility and is part of the Memorial Healthcare System. This facility provides the opportunity to care for a variety of patient populations through a patient- and family-centered, collaborative and multidisciplinary approach. High-quality care is provided through a variety of services, including advanced endovascular cardiac and neurosurgical procedures, orthopedic surgery, bariatric surgery, hepatobiliary surgery, general surgery, surgical oncology, robotic surgery, endoscopic procedures, emergency medicine, and a busy obstetric service with a Level 3 NICU.
Among its renowned programs are:
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- Bariatric Surgery Center - recognized by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP)
- Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Moffitt Cancer Center, Blood and Bone Marrow Transplant and Malignant Hematology Cellular Therapy
Memorial Hospital West has been ACGME-accredited to provide medical residency and fellowship training in numerous specialist such as Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Anesthesiology, Neurology, amongst others. For a complete list of medical residency training programs provided, please visit our Residency & Fellowship programs.
About Memorial Hospital West Pharmacy Department
Our mission is to provide high quality, cost-effective, comprehensive and safe pharmaceutical services to the Memorial Hospital West staff and patients. The MHW pharmacists practice in a variety of patient care areas providing decentralized clinical and specialist services throughout our facility. The Pharmacy Department is actively involved in multidisciplinary patient care, patient safety and quality initiatives, optimization of pharmacy services, facility and district-wide committees, amongst many other specialty-specific services. The department embodies a learning environment promoting personal and departmental growth and development.