PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Memorial Hospital Pembroke
The PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program at Memorial Hospital Pembroke (MHP) builds on the Doctor of Pharmacy education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients. Upon graduating, residents will be eligible for board certification, PGY2 pharmacy residency training, and other specialized pharmacy roles.
The Pharmacy Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) Residency is accredited by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP). The residents are integrated into the pharmacy and healthcare team to develop expert knowledge in clinical patient care, medication use systems, and administrative areas. Additionally, the resident will develop skills in leadership, research, project management, and teaching. The ultimate goal of the MHP program is to develop residents into clinicians and leaders with the knowledge and experience to become confident and integral members of a healthcare team and pharmacy practice.
Memorial Hospital Pembroke’s Pharmacy Residency Program was established in 2014 and has full accreditation by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists. Our program combines clinical training with teaching and scholarly activities to develop a well-rounded clinical practitioner with leadership, confidence, and professional skills.
- Number of positions available: 2
- Program duration: 12 months
- Stipend: $52,000 annually
All applicants must follow the instructions below to apply:
- Deadline for applications and all requirements for acceptance is January 8th of every year.
- Applications will only be accepted using PhORCAS.
- Register at The Match-ASHP Resident Matching Program (NMS Code: 229113) | (ASHP Code: 33075)
- Must be a graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education-accredited Doctor of Pharmacy degree program.
- Must be eligible for Florida Pharmacist Licensure and a Florida Pharmacy Intern license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States (Visa sponsorship not available).
- Complete panel interview with the residency team.
PhORCAS Application Requirements
- Completed PhORCAS application
- Full application with Curriculum Vitae
- College of Pharmacy transcript(s)
- Minimum of three (3) references using the standard PhORCAS template
- Letter of intent
- Competitive salary
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Sick leave
- Paid vacation
- Professional travel reimbursement
- BLS/ACLS certification- code response training
- Pharmacy Continuing Education
- Lab Coats
- Dedicated office space
- Free parking
- Clinical Services
- Critical Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Medication Safety
- Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmacy Management
- Advanced Critical Care
- Ambulatory Care
- Executive Leadership
- Home Infusion Pharmacy
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Surgical Services
- Transitions of Care
- Residency research
- Medication Use Evaluation completion
- Central and decentralized staffing: every other weekend including 1 of 2 major holidays (Christmas/Thanksgiving)
- Nutrition support
- Pharmacokinetic monitoring
- Meeting facilitation and professional development
- Cardiac arrest and stroke response support
- Teaching Certificate (optional)
While the program has required rotations, each training year will be designed to meet the professional goals of the resident.
Residents are required to support pharmacy staffing services every other weekend including one of two major holidays (Christmas or Thanksgiving). Residents are initially scheduled as the main pharmacist. As the year progresses, residents will be transitioned to decentralized pharmacist positions. As the year progresses, residents will be transitioned to decentralized pharmacist positions that encompass clinical duties (i.e., anticoagulation management, phamacokinetics monitoring, and nutrition support).
About Memorial Hospital Pembroke
Memorial Hospital Pembroke (located north of Miami, FL) is part of Memorial Healthcare System – one of the largest public health care systems in the nation.
- 301 licensed beds
- 29 bed Emergency Department
- 24 bed Critical Care Unit
- NIH Stroke Certified
- Bariatric Center of Excellence
- Medical Stabilization program with pharmacists participating in a variety of direct patient care roles
It matters to you. It matters to us.
Quality and Safety Data for Memorial Healthcare System
Our goal is to provide our patients with the information they need to make informed choices for themselves and their families.View Quality and Safety
You have a Right to Know About Prices
We want to give you the information you need to make important healthcare decisions, including the costs of our services.View Pricing
View test results, schedule follow-up appointments, request prescription refills and more.Login or Sign-up to MyChart