PGY2 Health System Pharmacy Administration and Leadership Residency Program
PGY2 residency programs build upon Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) education and PGY1 pharmacy residency training to develop pharmacist practitioners with knowledge, skills, and abilities as defined in the educational competency areas, goals, and objectives for advanced practice areas. Residents who successfully complete PGY2 residency programs are prepared for advanced patient care or other specialized positions, and board certification in the advanced practice area, if available.
The Health System Pharmacy Administration and Leadership Residency Program at Memorial Healthcare System is a second-year, 12-month, post-graduate program committed to providing excellent training and learning experiences to support the resident's clinical, academic, and professional interests. The program is dedicated to preparing future pharmacy leaders by promoting competence, confidence, leadership, and professional skills.
The PGY2 Health System Pharmacy Administration and Leadership Residency Program is in Candidate status by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP).
Explore Our Transitional Year Residency Program
- Orientation (3 weeks)
- Automation and Clinical Informatics (4 weeks)
- Clinical Management I (4 weeks)
- Pharmacy Operations and Distribution Systems (12 weeks)
- Pharmaceutical Compounding and Quality Assurance (4 weeks)
- Population Health Management (4 weeks)
- Regulatory, Compliance, and Drug Policy (4 weeks)
- Outpatient Pharmacy Management (Community and Specialty) (6 weeks)
- 340B Program Application and Management (2 weeks)
- Executive Leadership, Professional and Personal Development (50 weeks)
- Financial Management (42 weeks)
- Management of Human Capital (47 weeks)
- Medication Safety Leadership (44 weeks)
- Research and Project Management (50 weeks)
Residents must select two (2) electives (3 weeks each unless otherwise specified):
- Clinical Management II
- Medication Safety and Quality
- Pharmacy Sourcing and Contracting
- Apexus 340B Operations (4-5 weeks): This elective is highly recommended. Elective requires a separate application and interview. If selected, resident may be required to relocate to Texas during the learning experience. More information can be found at Apexus 340B Operations Rotations.
Personal and Professional Advancement / Training Opportunities
- Yellow Belt Certificate - Six Sigma Lean
- Green Belt Certificate - Six Sigma Lean
- 340B University On-Demand Certificate
- Leadership Development Classes
- Participation and involvement in State professional organizations
- Florida Consultant Pharmacist Course (Licensure optional)
- Teaching Certificate (optional)
Residents are required to staff every third weekend (Saturday and Sunday; 8-hour shifts). Residents are required to staff selected holiday(s). Staffing opportunities are structured around supervisory duties and shifts.
- Estimated stipend: $56,500
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Paid leave: vacation, sick, holiday, and educational
- Access to electronic drug references
- Professional travel time
- Discounted meals
- Free onsite parking
- Education reimbursement for approved programs and free continuing education
All applicants must follow the instructions below to apply:
- Deadline for applications and all requirements for acceptance can be found on the ASHP Directory.
- Applications will only be accepted using PhORCAS.
- Register at The Match-ASHP Resident Matching Program (NMS Code: 637763)
- Must be a graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education-accredited Doctor of Pharmacy degree program.
- Must be eligible for Florida Pharmacist Licensure and a Florida Pharmacy Intern license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States (Visa sponsorship not available).
- Complete panel interview with the residency team.
PhORCAS Application Requirements
- Completed PhORCAS application
- Full application with Curriculum Vitae
- Official College of Pharmacy transcript(s)
- Letter of intent
- Three letters of references (one from PGY1 residency preceptor and/or director)
Number of positions available: 1
National Match Service (NMS) Code: 637763