Insurance for Uninsured Patients
No Health Insurance? There's Still HOPE.
You have many options for coverage – and HOPE can help you find one.
Healthy Outreach Patient Engagement (HOPE) is a service provided by Memorial Healthcare System that helps uninsured patients locate and enroll in medical insurance programs. HOPE can also link you with ongoing healthcare services throughout Memorial Healthcare System – so you can improve and maintain your health over time.
Who Qualifies for HOPE
- Work for a company that doesn't offer health insurance
- Don't qualify for the coverage that's offered at your job
- Aren't currently working
You and your family may be eligible for coverage from one of the following programs:
- Florida's Healthcare Exchange (HIX) – Health plans for uninsured Americans offered by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (also known as Obamacare)
- Florida KidCare Healthy Kids – Health coverage for children from birth through age 18
- Financial Assistance or Charity Care – Provided at reduced prices or for free to low-income patients and families
- Other State and Federally Funded Programs – If you qualify for them, we'll help you find them
Datasource: Set Video Source here
HOPE at Memorial Hospital Pembroke ER
Are you currently visiting Memorial Hospital Pembroke's Emergency Department? If so, a representative from HOPE can speak to you on-site. Or you can call one of HOPE's dedicated specialists at 855-729-5789.
How to Get Started
To get started with HOPE, you will need the following documents:
- Social Security Cards for all family members applying
- Photo ID for all family members applying
- Proof of citizenship: birth certificate, resident alien card, Naturalization papers, etc
- Proof of income for all family members
- Last year's income tax return
Memorial’s South Broward Community Health Services can also link you with Memorial doctors and other providers who can care for you in the days and years to come. Having a “medical home” within Memorial Healthcare System can help ensure that you'll be able to maintain your health.