Psychiatric Emergency Department
A mental health crisis can strike at any time. For that reason, our Psychiatric Emergency Department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide treatment and support to those experiencing a mental health emergency.
As a Baker Act receiving area, our doors are open to anyone experiencing an immediate mental health crisis.
Address and HoursMemorial Regional Hospital
3501 Johnson Street
Hollywood, Florida 33021
Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
We offer psychiatric screenings for individuals arriving voluntarily, under a Baker Act or Marchman Act, as well as those being transferred from another community facility. We also provide lab services, medical clearance and mental status exams.
As mandated by federal guidelines, mental health services are provided to anyone who arrives at our Emergency Department. All individuals are treated and never denied access due to an inability to pay or geographic location of origin.
- Marchman Act: A law created to help families through the courts to get loved ones/family members into court-ordered and monitored intervention assessment stabilization or detoxification, and long-term treatment when they won't do it themselves.
- Baker Act: The Baker Act, also known as the Florida Mental Health Act, provides legal procedures for mental health exams and treatment, including:
- voluntary admission
- involuntary examination
- involuntary inpatient placement
- involuntary outpatient placement
Our Mental Health Treatment Team
The Psychiatric Emergency Department is staffed by a team of behavioral health experts including:
- A board-certified licensed psychiatrist
- Two advanced nurse practitioners or registered nurses
- A psychiatric assistant
- Clinical managers
- Board-certified adult Emergency Department physicians