When you have a severe mental illness or behavioral health condition (i.e., schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or substance use disorder), your treatment plan usually requires long-term use of oral antipsychotic medications. If you prematurely stop taking your medication, there’s a high likelihood of relapse which often leads to rehospitalization within a few short weeks.
If you have been diagnosed with a severe mental illness and need help complying and monitoring your use of medication, the Long-Acting Therapy Clinic at Memorial Regional Hospital is here to help you access, administer and monitor your use of long-acting injectable antipsychotic medications in a safe, comfortable and supportive setting.
Why Choose Memorial’s Long-Acting Therapy Clinic?
Our Long-Acting Therapy Clinic is the only practice of its kind in South Florida designed to provide onsite administration and monitoring of long-acting antipsychotic injectable medications to individuals diagnosed with severe mental illness.
Our Clinic offers:
- Proven treatment for severe mental illness: Long-acting antipsychotic injectable medications are a proven treatment of schizophrenia and related serious mental illness disorders, especially for individuals with a history of treatment non-compliance followed by relapse.
- Collaborative healthcare team: Our experienced team of clinical pharmacists, psychiatrists, psychiatric APRN’s, licensed clinical therapists, and patient financial services representatives work closely together to provide coordinated care to help you on the road to recovery.
- Personalized care: At each visit we provide onsite administration of long-acting injectable medication; educate you and your family members or friends; monitor you for side effects and medication compliance; and screen for symptoms of chronic diseases (i.e., diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease).
Insurance coverage: Our patient financial services representative can assist you with obtaining insurance coverage and processing claims.
- Continuum of care: The Clinic coordinates care with your family and an integrated network of eight Memorial community-based primary care centers, community-based psychiatric practices, and community mental health centers to ensure you receive ongoing preventive/primary care.
- Esketamine Clinic: Memorial Healthcare System’s Esketamine Clinic at Memorial Regional Hospital is the first certified esketamine treatment center in South Florida to offer SPRAVATO™ for individuals who have tried multiple oral antidepressants with little to no relief in their symptoms. Learn more.
How do I get started?
In order to be followed in the Long-Acting Therapy Clinic, you must be referred to the pharmacist or psychiatrist. If a nurse practitioner or physician assistant makes the referral, they will need to have that request signed by their supervising physician. The Clinic will follow patients for the duration they are prescribed long-acting injectable medication, however, a new Clinical Practice Agreement will need to be renewed every 12 months.
LocationMemorial Outpatient Behavioral Health Center
5595 S. University Drive
Davie, FL 33328
8 am - 4:30 pm
About Long-Acting Therapy Clinic
It matters to you. It matters to us.
Quality and Safety Data for Memorial Healthcare System
Our goal is to provide our patients with the information they need to make informed choices for themselves and their families.View Quality and Safety
You have a Right to Know About Prices
We want to give you the information you need to make important healthcare decisions, including the costs of our services.View Pricing
View test results, schedule follow-up appointments, request prescription refills and more.Login or Sign-up to MyChart