Substance Abuse and Detox
Professional addiction consultation services are available for those with a history of addiction or ongoing substance abuse issues. Our licensed professionals provide recovery support services and consult with individuals to identify the disease of addiction and recommend an addiction-specific treatment plan that's right for you.
Substance Abuse Conditions We Treat
Outpatient Addiction Treatment (STAR Program)
Memorial's Steps Toward Active Recovery (STAR) Outpatient Program treats adults 18 and older struggling with addiction to alcohol, opioids, and other substances of abuse. Since addiction often presents with other mental health issues such as depression or anxiety, the STAR program treats both through a whole-person approach.
During the first visit, patients meet with a licensed clinician who will initiate a comprehensive assessment and plan. The next visit is with a psychiatric provider with expertise in addiction medicine. Patients attend group therapy session 3-5 days per week, meet with their individual therapist on a weekly basis, and receive psychiatric medication management.
- Our addiction treatment program is comprehensive and offers group and individual therapy in addition to psychiatric medication management.
- Treatment typically lasts six to eight weeks. Complicated cases may require more time.
- Our ambulatory detoxification program offers detox from the following substances:
- Opioids (including painkillers and heroin)
- Sedatives (e.g. xanax, valium)
Treatment for ambulatory detoxification starts at our Behavioral Health Transition of Care Clinic:Memorial Regional Hospital
3501 Johnson Street
Hollywood, FL 33021
This is an intensive program that includes:
- Medical evaluation
- Group and individual therapies
- Toxicology screening
- Recovery support
- Integrated primary care services
Psychiatric medication management and follow-up is available also.