Explore our Biliary and Gallbladder Surgery Services
At Memorial Healthcare System, our surgeons perform all types of surgery for biliary and gallbladder conditions. We coordinate with specialists throughout our healthcare system to get you the proper care, when you need it.
Biliary and Gallbladder Surgery: Why Choose Memorial Healthcare System?
Surgeons at Memorial Healthcare System perform both emergency and planned gallbladder and biliary procedures. Count on us for:
- Less invasive surgery: All our surgeons have extensive training in advanced minimally invasive surgery, including laparoscopic and robotic procedures. Minimally invasive surgery offers better surgical outcomes, faster recovery and lower risk of complications.
- Personalized care: Our surgeons take time to get to know patients and their individual needs before recommending a treatment plan. Patients receive hands-on support from diagnosis to recovery, including ample time to ask questions about conditions and procedures.
- Improved access: We have a large, experienced team of surgeons. When patients need elective surgery, we can see them quickly and schedule surgery promptly.
- Quality care: Our surgeons perform a high number of surgeries, which translates into better surgical skill and improved outcomes for patients.
Types of Biliary and Gallbladder Surgery We Offer
Biliary and Gallbladder Condition Symptoms
Biliary and gallbladder conditions can cause a range of mild to severe symptoms. The most common signs of a problem include:
- Dark urine
- Fever or chills
- Jaundice, where the skin and whites of the eyes turn yellow
- Nausea and vomiting
- Severe pain in the upper right abdomen, right shoulder or between the shoulder blades