Choosing a Bariatric Surgery Provider
Bariatric Surgery Centers
Memorial Regional Hospital, Memorial Hospital Pembroke, and Memorial Hospital West are Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) accredited bariatric centers. We perform a high number of weight loss surgeries each year, and that experience translates to better outcomes for our patients. Because of our surgeons’ experience, patients also have fewer complications after weight surgery
To remain accredited, our hospitals undergo rigorous evaluation and reporting each year. During that process we must prove to the accrediting organization that we have great patient outcomes in weight loss surgery. We do that by providing reports on our:
- Bariatric surgery outcomes and follow-up services
- Facilities and equipment
- Patient education
- Surgeon training and qualifications
- Training and preparation to address emergency situations if they come up
Everybody at Memorial was great — Dr. Melendez-Davidson, Sunny my dietician,” he stated. I would recommend them to anyone. In fact, I recommended them to my wife, and she’s starting the process.
Why Choose Our Weight Loss Surgeons
Bariatric surgeons at Memorial Healthcare System have extensive training in traditional open surgical procedures. They are also highly skilled in advanced minimally invasive surgery. Here, you’ll find surgeons that are:
- Board-certified: They have passed rigorous exams to show their surgical skills.
- Fellowship-trained: They’ve spent additional years undertaking bariatrics surgery-focused training.
- Highly experienced: Our surgeons perform thousands of bariatric surgeries every year with low complication rates.
- Leaders in their field: Memorial Healthcare Surgeons provide training for future bariatric surgeons at our teaching hospitals.
- Up-to-date: Our team remains committed to using the weight loss surgery latest techniques and offer multiple weight-loss surgery options.
Support After Surgery
Weight loss surgery is just the first step in your journey. Our team is available to help you recover and answer any questions you have. We can also connect you with resources and support to succeed after your surgery. Learn more about our weight-loss surgery support.