Choosing a Bariatric Surgeon
Choosing the right bariatric surgeon is one of the most important decisions you can make. A qualified and experienced surgeon can provide better weight loss outcomes.
Our team of bariatric surgeons offer a personalized approach to your weight loss surgery. We help you find a weight loss solution that improves your health today and in the future.
Bariatric Surgery Center
Memorial Healthcare System is an accredited center through the American College of Surgeons for bariatric surgery. We perform a high number of weight loss surgeries each year, and that experience translates to better outcomes for our patients. Because of our surgeons’ experience, patients also have fewer complications after weight surgery
To remain an accredited weight-loss surgery center, we undergo rigorous evaluation and reporting each year. During that process we must prove to the accrediting organization that we have great patient outcomes in weight loss surgery. We do that by providing reports on our:
- Bariatric surgery outcomes and follow-up services
- Facilities and equipment
- Patient education
- Surgeon training and qualifications
- Training and preparation to address emergency situations if they come up
Why Choose Our Weight Loss Surgeons
Bariatric surgeons at Memorial Healthcare System have extensive training in traditional open surgical procedures. They are also highly skilled in advanced minimally invasive surgery. Here, you’ll find surgeons that are:
- Board-certified: They have passed rigorous exams to show their surgical skills.
- Fellowship-trained: They’ve spent additional years undertaking bariatrics surgery-focused training.
- Highly experienced: Our surgeons perform thousands of bariatric surgeries every year with low complication rates.
- Leaders in their field: Memorial Healthcare Surgeons provide training for future bariatric surgeons at our teaching hospitals.
- Up-to-date: Our team remains committed to using the weight loss surgery latest techniques and offer multiple weight-loss surgery options.
Support After Surgery
Weight loss surgery is just the first step in your journey. Our team is available to help you recover and answer any questions you have. We can also connect you with resources and support to succeed after your surgery. Learn more about our weight-loss surgery support.
Take the First Step on Your Weight Loss Journey
When you are ready to take the first step to a healthy lifestyle, request a weight loss consultation. We’ll discuss your weight loss goals, determine your eligibility for bariatric surgery and help you find the right surgery to fit your needs.
We provide services in Broward and Miami-Dade counties. To schedule a consultation at our Weight-Loss Surgery Center in Broward, please call 954-276-1400. For our Midtown Miami office, please call 305-682-2929.