At Memorial Family Birthplace, we know pregnancy can be a magical time for moms-to-be. It can also be overwhelming – so many things to learn about and prepare for before your little one arrives. We are here to help.
Our team of maternity specialists provide comprehensive pregnancy, labor and delivery, postpartum and high-risk pregnancy care for all of our moms-to-be. We’re proud to be a part of your little one’s unforgettable birth story.
Your Pregnancy: Preparing for Childbirth
One of the best ways to prepare for childbirth is to start early and make a game plan. Memorial Family Birthplace offers three dedicated locations, each with Level II or Level III NICUs.
We also offer dedicated maternity care for moms and babies – including international maternity services. Learn more about our state-of-the-art birthing facilities, our comprehensive approach to labor and delivery, as well as our breastfeeding support options and postpartum care. Additionally, we offer many online and in-person classes to help you prepare as your pregnancy progresses.
- Labor and Delivery
- Care After Your Baby is Born
- Breastfeeding and Lactation Services
- International Maternity Services
- Classes and support
Getting Ready for Baby: Tips and Tricks
- Brush up on your newborn knowledge with a baby care or baby safety class
- Hospital packing list
- Organize breastfeeding supplies and take Breastfeeding 101 class to learn the basics of breastfeeding
- Pick a pediatrician for your baby
- Pre-register for birth to help make your check-in as smooth as possible (Regional and Miramar only)
- Regular checkups with your OB to monitor your health and baby’s growth
- Take a virtual tour of the Memorial Family Birthplace
Making a Birth Wish List
At Memorial Family Birthplace, we focus on creating an empowering and unforgettable birth experience as you welcome your baby. Our labor and delivery teams are specially trained to provide support, resources and anything else it takes to make your experience truly unforgettable.
We recommend creating a “wishlist” to help you envision what you’d like your baby’s birth to encompass – with lots of room for flexibility. Our three Memorial Family Birthplace locations offer many amenities during your stay, including:
- Cub chairs
- Delayed bath
- Immediate skin-to-skin
- Pain management options including nitrous oxide
- Quick access to epidural with an on-site anesthesiologist
- Rooming-in during postpartum care
Our dedicated team will do everything in our power to make sure your labor and delivery match up with all of your wishes. And if your delivery takes an unexpected turn, our labor and delivery experts are committed to doing everything possible to keep you and your baby safe and healthy.
You and your little one are in skilled, compassionate hands at the Memorial Family Birthplace.