Medication Assisted Treatment
Our Medication Assisted Treatment program was developed to respond to the opioid crisis through FDA-approved medications, behavioral therapy and supportive services
Memorial's Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) program at Memorial Regional Hospital was developed to respond to the devastating opioid crisis. We treat adults struggling with addiction to opioids using an evidence-based program that combines the use of opioid agonist medications (buprenorphine/naloxone and naltrexone) with structured group and individual therapy.
MAT program includes:
- psychiatric medication management,
- medical monitoring for withdrawal symptoms and cravings,
- care coordination,
- integrated primary care services, and
- ongoing peer recovery support services.
Why Choose Memorial's Medication Assisted Treatment?
Medication Assisted Treatment is centered on a three-pronged approach to the treatment of addiction:
- Rapid access to treatment.
- Phased treatment using buprenorphine/ buprenorphine-naloxone or long-acting naltrexone.
- Integrated “whole person” treatment philosophy that addresses the need for peer support, trauma-informed care, co-occurring psychiatric care and medical services.
What services are provided?
Medication Assisted Treatment is developed to meet the unique needs of people with severe substance use disorders and is based on an integrated practice model that spans the hospital system. Services include:
- Evidence-based treatment designed for optimal recovery outcomes.
- Treatment begins with a thorough assessment to determine each person's unique needs.
- Multidisciplinary, intra-agency collaboration throughout all phases of treatment, including coordination with housing programs, vocational rehabilitation, drug court and child welfare programs.
- Treatment is provided in stages, allowing for safe, supportive clinical oversight from induction, stabilization & tapering.
- During the stabilization and maintenance phases of treatment, program participants attend co-occurring intensive outpatient treatment with psychiatric and medical oversight at Memorial Outpatient Behavioral Health Center.
Medication Assisted Treatment uses the evidence-based practice Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and relapse prevention skills curriculum.
Person In Recovery Testimonial: Medication Assisted Treatment Program At Memorial Healthcare System
It matters to you. It matters to us.
Quality and Safety Data for Memorial Healthcare System
Our goal is to provide our patients with the information they need to make informed choices for themselves and their families.View Quality and Safety
You have a Right to Know About Prices
We want to give you the information you need to make important healthcare decisions, including the costs of our services.View Pricing
View test results, schedule follow-up appointments, request prescription refills and more.Login or Sign-up to MyChart