A liver cancer diagnosis can make you anxious about the future. At Memorial Healthcare System in South Florida, we’re here to answer your questions and stay by your side through every step of the cancer treatment process. Our specialists have extensive experience treating liver tumors with less invasive techniques and therapies that prioritize your quality of life.
How We Care for Liver Cancer at Memorial
- Full range of treatment options: Memorial is a community-based program that provides many of the same promising cancer treatments as larger teaching hospitals — right here in Broward County. Our team uses sophisticated techniques such as catheter-based interventional therapies such as y-90 radioembolization, which uses radiation to kill cancer cells noninvasively.
- Experience: Every member of our care team has special training and expertise to care for patients with gastrointestinal cancers. Together, our surgeons have decades of experience successfully treating liver cancer, including complex and rare liver tumors.
- Surgical precision: Our surgeons have extensive experience using less invasive techniques to treat liver cancer. For example, laparoscopic and robotic surgical resections help patients have a faster recovery and more quickly receive any additional treatments.
- Team mindset: Our team includes a multidisciplinary range of cancer care specialists. Medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists and pathologists work together to determine the treatments likely to result in the best outcomes.
- Access to clinical trials: Our research efforts in partnership with the National Cancer Institute and other highly regarded institutions help us diagnose and treat cancer in more effective ways. As a Memorial patient, you will have access to clinical trials that explore promising new liver cancer treatments.
- Wide-ranging support: Liver cancer affects everyone differently. We’re here to help you manage any questions or challenges, from scheduling issues to side effects. Learn more about support services for cancer patients.
- Care for your whole health: Cancer affects more than your physical health. Our genetic counselors, psychologists and integrative medicine specialists are trained to support your emotional well-being as well as your physical health.
Our Comprehensive Liver Cancer Treatments
If you’ve been diagnosed with liver cancer, bile duct cancer, or liver metastases, you, your family and your cancer team will discuss your treatment options. We will discuss your personal goals as well as each treatment’s benefits, risks and side effects before moving forward.
Treatment options for liver cancer depend on the cancer stage, location and how far the cancer has spread. Your physician may recommend surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation (or some combination of these therapies) as part of your treatment plan. The plan will be targeted to your exact condition so that you have the best chance for successful results.
Learn more about gastrointestinal and colon cancer treatments.
To schedule an appointment or learn more about liver cancer care, call 954-265-9520 for surgical oncology, or 954-265-4325 to speak to a Memorial Cancer Institute patient navigator.