Patient Navigator and Advocate Team
If you have been diagnosed with cancer, you do not need to face your cancer journey alone. At Memorial Cancer Institute in South Florida, we pair you with an experienced and compassionate patient navigator to educate you and your family about your specific cancer type and guide you through each step of your cancer care.
Speak with a patient navigator at Memorial Cancer Institute: 954-265-4325 (HEAL).
A Patient Navigator is Your Cancer Care Coordinator
Datasource: Patient Navigator and Shamena
Your patient navigator, also known as a care coordinator, is a specially trained oncology provider at the center of your cancer care. Your patient navigator gets to know you and your family and secures the services and treatments you need.
As your main point of contact, your patient navigator:
- Educates you and your family about your diagnosis and what to expect in the days ahead.
- Answers questions about your treatment and potential side effects.
- Assists with coordinating your appointments, including tests, biopsies and surgical procedures.
- Relays information to, from and among your healthcare providers to ensure that everyone is on the same page.
- Refers you to services and resources that can help you and your family manage the nonmedical stresses that come with cancer.
- Connects you with a clinical trial if your doctor thinks you may be an eligible candidate. Clinical trials give patients access to new, state-of-the-art treatments before they are available to the public.
Our patient navigators are also leaders in our organization and the communities we serve. They:
- Promote and support cancer awareness, prevention and fundraising events.
- Stay up-to-date and inform patients about the latest cancer treatments and products.
- Promote educational lectures for patients and staff.
Support from a Cancer Survivor: Your Patient Advocate
At Memorial Cancer Institute, patients and families also have access to a patient advocate. This person is not a medical professional but a cancer survivor who has been through chemotherapy and explains the cancer journey from a patient's perspective. Your patient advocate:
- Listens to you and answers your questions to help ease anxiety
- Links you to services throughout Memorial Cancer Institute and beyond
Meet Our Patient Navigator and Advocate Team
Call 954-265-4325 (HEAL) to speak with a patient navigator or patient advocate at Memorial Cancer Institute in South Florida. From diagnosis and treatment to survivorship and beyond, our patient navigators are ready to support you and your family every step of the way. Telehealth visits are also available with our navigators.
We take care of the whole person, including appearance, self-esteem and emotional well-being.
Now is the time to schedule a mammogram.
Make informed healthcare decisions with transparent, unaltered, unedited data about quality and safety..