Cancer Emotional Support
Cancer can be frightening and stressful. If you have cancer or love someone who does, you may experience depression, anxiety, distress and other mental health issues that interfere with your quality of life. These feelings are common, and the oncology psychologists at Memorial Cancer Institute in South Florida can help.
Alleviating Emotional Distress from Cancer
Our psychologists are members of your care team who specialize in cancer's emotional effects. They are leaders in their field with decades of experience helping cancer patients, families and caregivers.
Our oncology psychologists can:
- Assist you with evidence-based techniques to manage all aspects of treatment and survivorship.
- Listen to and acknowledge your situation, considering all aspects of your life.
- Provide support for families and caregivers.
- Recommend complementary therapies such as meditation, exercise, support groups and nutrition support.
- Teach you ways to manage unpleasant mood changes
Call 954-265-4325 (HEAL) to speak to a psychologist who specializes in cancer care at Memorial Cancer Institute in South Florida.