Orthopedic Trauma Surgery
The Memorial Division of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine consistently delivers leading-edge, comprehensive orthopedic trauma care and is uniquely qualified to expertly treat some of the most complex, life-threatening orthopedic injuries.
Datasource: Anterior hip replacement surgery
Led by Daniel B. Chan, MD, one of the only board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic trauma surgeons practicing in south Broward County, our team of highly skilled orthopedic surgeons has extensive expertise in performing a wide range of orthopedic interventions for all types of musculoskeletal injuries, from minimally invasive fracture fixation, reconstruction of complex, high-energy fractures and joint replacement.
Our orthopedic trauma capabilities include:
- Athletic injuries (fractures from twisting, falling or collisions during sports)
- Fractures involving the pelvis and acetabulum (hip socket)
- Peri-articular fractures (fractures involving a joint surface)
- Peri-prosthetic fractures (fractures around a joint replacement implant)
- Geriatric fracture care
- Open, high-energy, complex fractures requiring multiple surgeries (often requiring the use of bone grafting to replace missing bone)
- Simple hairline fractures (often treated without surgery in a cast or splint)
- Surgical reconstruction of previously failed fracture surgeries (nonunions and malunions)
- Total hip replacement (using the minimally invasive anterior approach)
- Total knee replacement (using custom, patient-specific implants and instruments)
Our team is on call 24/7 to respond to any acute orthopedic trauma emergency that presents at Memorial Regional Hospital (a Level 1 Trauma Center) and is highly qualified to treat patients with varying levels of orthopedic trauma, including musculoskeletal injuries due to:
- Car accidents
- Collisions involving a pedestrian
- Motorcycle accidents
- Work-related accidents
- Athletic injuries
For more severely injured patients, we work with specialists across Memorial Healthcare System, including emergency medicine physicians, trauma surgeons and other critical care specialists, neurosurgeons and plastic surgeons. We often rely on input from our colleagues to best tailor the timing and methods of treatment based on the patient’s condition and severity of illness.
Outpatient Orthopedic Trauma Clinic
We accept patients from referring physicians on an outpatient basis. If you are a physician who needs to refer a patient with an acute fracture or other complex orthopedic trauma condition for specialized care, we are available to evaluate and treat your patients efficiently using the latest diagnostic and therapeutic modalities.
Our team also serves as a regional referral center for complex cases from other hospitals, both locally and internationally. Please call our office or the Transfer Center at 954-265-6338 to facilitate a direct hospital-to-hospital transfer for injured patients already admitted to a hospital.
Contact UsMemorial Division of Orthopedics 1150 N. 35 Avenue, Suite #130 Hollywood, FL 33021