High-Risk Pregnancy Care for Mom and Baby
When pregnancy comes with high risks and complications, you'll find exceptional clinical expertise and advanced technology at Memorial Regional Hospital's Maternal Fetal Medicine at the Family Birthplace.
Our Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM) specialists, or perinatologists, have specialized training in conditions that can create pregnancy complications, including:
- Being overweight
- Gestational diabetes
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- Preterm labor and preeclampsia
- Sickle cell anemia
- Vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC)
Mothers with high-risk pregnancies have the full support of related services such as:
- Cardiology for heart conditions
- Mothers in Recovery (maternal addiction)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Internal medicine
Coordination of Care for Mother and Baby
Your baby will receive a specialized, comprehensive assessment through ultrasound. This allows for close monitoring of the baby's status and early identification of any problems in order to help optimize the timing, route and location for delivery. The MFM specialist also provides close follow-up care for moms after delivery.
Our team includes:
- MFM specialists
- Neonatal and pediatric specialists at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital
- Critical care, anesthesia and Adult Medicine specialists
- Social services
- Spiritual care providers
Our board-certified lactation consultants have extensive experience in counseling breastfeeding mothers. New mothers can learn how to breastfeed successfully and how breastfeeding benefits their babies. Breastfeeding classes, educational materials, in-hospital support and breast pump available while you are at the hospital.
- Memorial Regional Hospital Lactation Department: 954-265-4978
- Memorial Hospital West Lactation Department: 954-844-9908
- Memorial Hospital Miramar Lactation Department: 954-538-5181
- Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital NICU Lactation Department : 954-265-7867 | 954-265-8282
New Mother's Breastfeeding Support Group
This virtual group is for moms who are currently breastfeeding, it encourages and supports through peers and an experienced International Board Certified Lactation Consultant® hosts the group.
Register For Post-Labor Online Breastfeeding Support Group
For more information about Memorial Regional Hospital's Maternal Fetal Medicine at the Family Birthplace, please call 954-265-9331.