The Family Birthplace
The birth of your baby is one of life's most treasured moments. That is why we created the Family Birthplace, a special place for you, your baby and every member of your family.
Through every step of your pregnancy, we are dedicated to providing support, education and high-quality maternity services to help you have a happy and healthy pregnancy, delivery and hospital experience
Updates due to COVID-19
Learn how Memorial is working to keep you and your families safe during your visit to the hospital. Childbirth During COVID19.
- Coronavirus Resource Center
- Information on coronavirus (COVID-19) and Pregnant Women and Children by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Special Hurricane Precautions for Expectant Moms
Online Birthing Classes and Hospital Orientation
In order to keep you safe, our baby classes are now taught online by Memorial Family Birthplace educators. A limited number of classes are currently available, and most will be added to Eventbrite in the future. We hope you can join us.
You may register for any class, regardless of which Family Birthplace location you choose for the birth of your baby.
Some of these classes are also offered in Spanish/ Ciertas clases también se ofrecen en español.
Family Birthplace Locations
- Memorial Regional Hospital (Hollywood, Florida)
- Memorial Hospital West (Pembroke Pines, Florida)
- Memorial Hospital Miramar (Miramar, Florida)
High-Risk Pregnancy Care for Mom and Baby
When pregnancy comes with high risks and complications, our Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists offer exceptional clinical expertise in medicine and technology.
Our board-certified lactation consultants have extensive experience in counseling breastfeeding mothers. New mothers can learn how to breastfeed successfully and how breastfeeding benefits their babies. Breastfeeding classes, educational materials, in-hospital support and breast pump available while you are at the hospital.
- Memorial Regional Hospital Lactation Department: 954-265-4078
- Memorial Hospital West Lactation Department: 954-844-9908
- Memorial Hospital Miramar Lactation Department: 954-538-5181
- Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital NICU Lactation Department : 954-265-7867 | 954-265-8282
New Mother's Breastfeeding Support Group
This virtual group is for moms who are currently breastfeeding, it encourages and supports through peers and an experienced International Board Certified Lactation Consultant® hosts the group.
If you're pregnant and addicted to drugs and/or alcohol, our Mothers in Recovery (MIR) program may be able to help. Our maternal addiction program is designed to help mother and baby safely withdraw from substances and support mom in meeting her recovery goals.
Hospital Birth Cost
We want to give you the information you need to make healthcare decisions, including the costs of labor and delivery.
- Hospital Cost for Self-Pay Rates (Cost without insurance)
- Hospital Cost for Insured Rates (Cost based on your insurance plan)
Number of Babies Delivered
We deliver more than half of the babies in Broward County.
Datasource: Set callout here
Memorial Web Nursery
Friends and family can view photos of your new arrival online. For your security, you will be given a personal identity code that you can share with friends and family. This code can be used to log into Mom365:
- Memorial Regional Hospital Online Nursery
- Memorial Hospital West Online Nursery
- Memorial Hospital Miramar Online Nursery