I am a clinical psychologist at Memorial Neuroscience Institute. I work with patients who are living with chronic disease, including multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, non-epileptic pseudo seizures, pain disorders, insomnia, mood and anxiety disorders, ALS and other medical concerns.
I also specialize in helping family members who are caregivers for people with chronic disease. I provide the support and education they need to be there for their loved one.
I follow an eclectic, evidenced-based modality approach to treatment. Intervention typically takes the form of individual psychotherapy following a short-term solution-focused and situation-oriented approach. This is provided in a safe, friendly and supportive professional environment. I am licensed and trained to incorporate psychological evaluations to better understand each patient's presentation and provide individual psychotherapy to address a multitude of life concerns.I've always been interested in people's stories, and fascinated with how one-on-one interactions can really help people. I love establishing a trusting relationship with my patients and working to understand what is happening in their lives and figuring out a way that I can help them through their current challenges.
What I really want all patients to know is that they are not alone. If you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed with your day-to-day life or with issues relating to a medical condition, family, relationships or career, I'm here to help you.
Carlos Albizu University, 2015
South Florida Evaluation And Treatment Center, 2015, Psychology
South Florida Evaluation And Treatment Center, 2016, Psychology
The Watershed Addiction Treatment Program, 2016, Psychology
Awards, Achievements, and More
- Curiel, R., Hernandez - Cardenache, R., Giraldo, N., Rosado, M., Restrepo, L., Raffo, A., Lavado, M., Santos, J., & Whitt, N. (2016).
- A compendium of neuropsychological measures for Hispanics in the United States. In: Ferraro, F.R., (2nd Ed.), Minority and cross - cultural aspects of neuropsychological assessment. New York and London: Taylor & Francis.
- American Psychological Association
- Division 40 of APA, Neuropsychology
- Division 22 of APA, Rehabilitation Psychology
- Florida Psychological Association
- Psi Chi International Honor Society