I am a neurologist at Memorial Healthcare System. I care for patients with dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, headaches, memory loss and other neurological concerns.
When I was a teenager, my father was diagnosed with a neurodegenerative dementia complex – which was a blend of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. That spurred my interest in the neurological sciences because I wanted to better understand his diagnosis and what he was going through. As I proceeded to be one of his main caregivers throughout my 20s until his death, I realized how much can go into caring for someone with dementia. I decided I wanted to pursue a career in medicine so I could provide care and support to families in similar situations.
My personal experience gives me a unique perspective as a physician. I sat on the other side as a caregiver so I understand the side effects of the medications I am prescribing and I know about the little battles happening at home. I know what caregivers are going through. I’m here to care for your loved one, but also to help with your needs. This includes addressing caregiver burnout and end-of-life planning.
My work is a more than a passion; it's my life's calling. I enjoy my close relationships with my patients and their families. I tell all of my patients that they're not alone. I will hold your hand, and support you and your family as you walk through this journey.
St. Matthew's University School of Medicine, 2013
Ochsner Clinic Foundation Program, 2015, Internal Medicine
Ochsner Clinic Foundation Program, 2018, Neurology
Awards, Achievements, and More
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Medical Student Association
- American College of Physicians
- MS Society
- “Outcomes of in-hospital Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in Stroke patients admitted in the United States, Years 2005-2011”– Poster presentation at American Academy of Neurology April/2015
- “Clinical Outcomes among transferred children with Ischemic and Hemorrhagic stroke in the Nationwide Sample”– Poster presentation at American Academy of Neurology April/2015
- “Evaluation, diagnosis, management, and treatment for ADHD,” 2012: Pediatric Core Rotation/Sacred Heart Health System, Pensacola, FL
- “Crohn’s Disease,” 2011: Gastroenterology Elective Rotation/Florida Hospital, Orlando, FL
- “Predicting Risk of Malignancy in Adnexal Masses” (case presentation and didactic), 2011: OB/GYN Core Rotation/Mt. Sinai Hospital, Chicago, IL
- “Diabetic Gastroparesis,” 2010: Internal Medicine Core Rotation/Florida Hospital, Orlando, FL