Mohammed Qureshi, MD
I am a neurologist at Memorial Healthcare System. I care for patients with dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, headaches, memory loss and other neurological concerns.
When I was a teenager, my father was diagnosed with a neurodegenerative dementia complex – which was a blend of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. That spurred my interest in the neurological sciences because I wanted to better understand his diagnosis and what he was going through. As I proceeded to be one of his main caregivers throughout my 20s until his death, I realized how much can go into caring for someone with dementia. I decided I wanted to pursue a career in medicine so I could provide care and support to families in similar situations.
My personal experience gives me a unique perspective as a physician. I sat on the other side as a caregiver so I understand the side effects of the medications I am prescribing and I know about the little battles happening at home. I know what caregivers are going through. I’m here to care for your loved one, but also to help with your needs. This includes addressing caregiver burnout and end-of-life planning.
My work is a more than a passion; it's my life's calling. I enjoy my close relationships with my patients and their families. I tell all of my patients that they're not alone. I will hold your hand, and support you and your family as you walk through this journey.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Qureshi
- St. Matthew's University School of Medicine, 2013
- Ochsner Clinic Foundation Program, , Internal Medicine
- Ochsner Clinic Foundation Program, 2018, Neurology
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Medical Student Association
- American College of Physicians
- MS Society
- “Outcomes of in-hospital Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in Stroke patients admitted in the United States, Years 2005-2011”– Poster presentation at American Academy of Neurology April/2015
- “Clinical Outcomes among transferred children with Ischemic and Hemorrhagic stroke in the Nationwide Sample”– Poster presentation at American Academy of Neurology April/2015
- “Evaluation, diagnosis, management, and treatment for ADHD,” 2012: Pediatric Core Rotation/Sacred Heart Health System, Pensacola, FL
- “Crohn’s Disease,” 2011: Gastroenterology Elective Rotation/Florida Hospital, Orlando, FL
- “Predicting Risk of Malignancy in Adnexal Masses” (case presentation and didactic), 2011: OB/GYN Core Rotation/Mt. Sinai Hospital, Chicago, IL
- “Diabetic Gastroparesis,” 2010: Internal Medicine Core Rotation/Florida Hospital, Orlando, FL