George Diaz, MD
I have been practicing neurology in South Florida for the past 20 years, and have been involved in clinical care, teaching of medical residents/students and initiating stroke programs in two major South Florida hospitals. I have also worked in teleneurology to improve access to care to patients in areas underserved by neurologists.
As a member of the Miami-Dade County Stroke Coalition, I have promoted and improved stroke care in South Florida since 1998. In addition to vascular neurology, I am also board certified in neurology, clinical neurophysiology and neuromuscular medicine. I have lectured on multiple neurological issues, such as acute ischemic stroke, neurological emergencies and neuromuscular diseases.
I earned my Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry at Florida International University and my medical degree at the University of Miami School of Medicine. I interned and completed a neurology residency at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital. I also completed an Electromyography-Neuromuscular Fellowship at the University of Texas Medical Center-MD Anderson and Herman Hospitals.
Related Medical Services
Meet Dr. Diaz
- University Of Miami School Of Medicine, 1992
- Jackson Memorial Hospital - Internal Medicine Prog, 1993, Internal Medicine
- Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1996, Neurology
- University Of Texas Medical School At Houston, 1997, Neuromuscular Medicine
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology-Neurology
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology-Vascular Neurology
- Miami-Dade County Stroke Coalition 1998-02, 2007
- National Hispanic Scholarship Award 1989 – 91