Schedule a Mammogram
Get a Mammogram for $99
Datasource: Preparing for Screening Mammogram
The National Cancer Institute recommends women ages 40 and older get regular mammograms to screen for breast cancer. Our imaging centers offer Tomosynthesis (TOMO) mammography, a revolutionary 3D breast cancer detection technology. TOMO uses X-ray like the standard 2D mammography.
We recommend you verify with your insurance provider whether 3D TOMO mammography is covered through your plan.
What's the Difference Between a Screening Mammogram and Diagnostic Mammogram?
|Screening Mammogram||Screening mammograms are regular preventive x-ray exams of the breasts to detect breast cancer in women who have no symptoms.
|Diagnostic Mammogram||Diagnostic mammograms are used after suspicious results on a screening mammogram, or if some abnormal signs are found by you or your physician during a routine exam, to provide a more detailed x-ray of the breast using specialized techniques. Also, women previously treated for breast cancer may get a diagnostic exam. Results will be given prior to leaving the center.||$235*|
|Breast Ultrasound||A breast ultrasound is a non-invasive test that uses sound waves to make images of the breast. Often, it's used as a follow-up test after an abnormal finding on a mammogram, breast MRI or clinical breast exam.||$160*|
*Note: Check with your insurer to find out if your health plan covers the copay and/or deductible for a 3D screening mammogram, diagnostic mammogram and breast ultrasound. Prices listed are self-pay rates and includes the performance and interpretation of the exam. Patients must have a prescription for the procedure. Other conditions may apply.
How to Prepare for a Mammogram
- Schedule your mammogram when your breasts are not tender or swollen to help reduce discomfort and get good pictures. Try to avoid the week just before your period.
- Don’t wear deodorant or antiperspirant because some may contain substances that can show up on the x-ray as white spots.
- Take a photo of your prescription with your smart phone in case you forget to bring it to your appointment. You can also fax it to 954-985-3034.
Why Choose a 3D Mammogram (Tomosynthesis)
- Sharper, more detailed images
- Faster and more accurate results
- Potential for earlier cancer detection and treatment
- Fewer false-positives and retests
Our Women's Imaging Center Locations
Call 954-276-5595 to schedule an appointment, or request an appointment online.Memorial Regional Hospital South
3600 Washington Street, 2nd Floor
Hollywood, FL 33021
Memorial Hospital West
703 North Flamingo Road, 1st Floor
Pembroke Pines, FL 33028
Memorial Hospital Miramar
1901 Southwest 172 Avenue, 1st Floor
Miramar, FL 33029
Memorial Regional Hospital
3501 Johnson Street, 3rd Floor
Hollywood, FL 33021