I’ve been focused on becoming a doctor since childhood — my passion and fascination never waned. I graduated with honors from medical school and was fortunate to train with some of the finest surgeons in the world. This led me to specialize in thoracic surgery as a resident and fellow at NYU Langone Health in New York City. There, I was mentored by nationally and internationally recognized thoracic surgeons who are renowned for their expertise in robotic thoracic surgery.
A cancer diagnosis is a life-changing event for patients and their families. Our thoracic surgery team at Memorial works with a multidisciplinary group of experts, including chemotherapy specialists, radiation therapists and pulmonologists to provide patient- and family-centered, state-of-the-art treatment. We are here to help you get better and get back to your family and your life. Our team communicates promptly to expedite the time to diagnosis and treatment.
To deliver high-quality care to my patients, I stay abreast of developments in the field and am also involved in clinical research. My research interest is in pathways that enable us to improve perioperative patient quality of care and enhance postoperative recovery.
University of Tripoli, 2008
BronxCare Hospital Center, 2016, Surgery
University of Tripoli, 2009, Transitional
BronxCare Hospital Center, 2018, Surgery
Maimonides Medial Center, 2014
Nyu School Of Medicine, 2020, Surgery
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 2013
University of Tripoli, 2015, Surgery
Nyu School Of Medicine, 2023, Thoracic Surgery
American Board of Surgery-Surgery
Awards, Achievements, and More
PublicationsView Dr. Mohamed El Zaeedi’s publications on PubMed.
- American College of Surgeons
- General Thoracic Surgical Club
- Robotic Tracheal Resection Using V-V ECMO In Pediatric Patients. Oral Presentation, General Thoracic Surgical Club Annual Meeting; Duck Key, Florida, March 2023
- The Process, Safety and Efficacy of Removing Chest Tubes 12 Hours after Pulmonary Lobectomy and Segmentectomy WTSA Annual Meeting, 2023
- Routine use of Chest Tube After Robotic Thymectomy Is Unnecessary WTSA Annual Meeting, 2023
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Department Award for Academic Performance, 2023
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Department Award for Academic Performance, 2021
- Excellence Patient Care Award, BronxCare Hospital, 2018
- Jeopardy Winner of Brooklyn & Long Island Chapter of the American College of Surgeons (BLIACS), 2016
- Jeopardy Winner of New Jersey chapter of American College of Surgeons, 2016
- Scientific Excellence Certificate, Tripoli University, 2007