Memorial Sports Medicine Center
Datasource: Overview of Sports Medicine Center
If you’re a weekend warrior, athlete, a performing artist, or someone who wants to remain active, an injury is not only frustrating – it can significantly affect your quality of life. At the Memorial Sports Medicine Center, our specialists understand the vital role that physical activity and sports performance play in your life.
Our team includes subspecialty trained physicians, surgeons, physical therapists, sports medicine specialists and a sports cardiologist. We provide advanced solutions to treat adults with sports injuries, help you maintain sports performance and prevent future injuries. As athletes ourselves, we recognize the challenges you face.
Why Choose Memorial for Sports Medicine?
People come to the Memorial Sports Medicine Center because we offer:
We are the first in Broward County to have a fully comprehensive adult sports medicine program, with orthopedic, primary care, rehabilitation and physical therapy specialists and cardiology all in one program. You’ll find all the services you need within Memorial Healthcare System, so you receive coordinated care of your overall health.
Expert team with advanced training and sports experience
Datasource: FMU athletic assessment
You receive care from skilled sports medicine providers who understand the physical challenges you face as an athlete. You’ll benefit from our:
- Expertise: All of our doctors and surgeons have fellowship training and board certifications in fields such as sports medicine, orthopedic sports medicine surgery, orthopedic trauma surgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation, primary care and cardiology.
- Focused training: Our physical therapists have sports-specific training or experience in a variety of sports, dance, other performing arts and joint replacement.
- Personal sports experience: Many of our providers are athletes themselves, with experience playing sports at a variety of levels.
- Care for top athletes and dancers: Our team members serve as healthcare providers for college, professional and semi-professional sports teams and dance companies.
Learn more about our Sports Medicine Center team.
Conservative approach first
As sports medicine specialists, we’re focused on helping you perform at your highest possible level. We begin with a thorough assessment to understand your medical history, goals and any symptoms. Whenever possible, we use nonsurgical treatments to provide safe, effective care to relieve symptoms and help you reach your performance goals.
If you need more advanced treatment, our board-certified orthopedic surgeons offer the latest approaches, such as minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures.
Find out about our sports medicine treatments, including:
- Orthopedic sports medicine surgery
- Sports cardiology
- Sports physiatry and primary care sports medicine
Specialized therapy programs
Our physical/occupational therapists and rehabilitation specialists have training and certifications in care for orthopedics and sports injuries. They also have experience in dance medicine, sport-specific movement and biomechanics, and provide the full spectrum of care to help people recover from injury and surgery.
People returning to performance at all levels – athletes, first responders, dancers and performing artists – receive personalized care from a team who understands their unique needs.
Services for all levels of athletic ability
We help players at all levels – professional athletes and performers as well as people at the recreational, college and elite performance levels. People of any age who want to stay active have access to our expert services and treatments. Learn about our sports physical therapy services and the sports health conditions and injuries we treat.
To schedule an appointment or learn more about sports medicine at Memorial, call 954-265-8326.