Rebel's Drop-In Center
Rebel’s Drop-In Center will close Thursday, March 19 until further notice because of the public health emergency caused by the COVID-19.
- For peer support services, please call 954-276-3452 between 10 am – 8 pm, Sunday through Saturday.
- Staff will maintain contact with Drop-in members by email and phone
- Join Rebel’s Drop-In Center Group on Facebook so staff and members can connect through social media
- Peer counseling and recovery support services for individuals via phone and/or telehealth will continue
- To refer individuals for peer support sessions, please call Kristine Carleson, CRPS, at 954-276-3423 or leave a message.
We will continue to assess the situation and send out a notification when we are open.
Named in honor of Rebel B. who passed at a young age after fighting substance abuse and mental health issues, Rebel's Drop-In Center was founded in 2001 as a partnership between Memorial Healthcare System, the Department of Children and Families, and the Human Services Department of Broward County.
Datasource: Rebel's client testimonials
Rebel's Drop-In Center is designed to be a safe haven in the community for individuals recovering from mental health or substance abuse. Participants can enjoy a wide array of free social services and support groups, and all our staff are trained as peer specialists – which means they have similar experiences to participants and are living in recovery. Some of the services offered include:
- Arts and Crafts
- Chess club
- Anxiety management
- Clutter workshop
- Golden years (55+)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Peers for Pride (LGBTQ support)
For more information, please call 954-276-3452 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address and HoursMemorial Regional Outpatient Center for Behavioral Health
3400 North 29th Avenue
Monday - Friday: 3 pm - 8 pm
Weekends and holidays: 12 pm - 5 pm
Why Choose Rebel's Drop-In Center
Since opening in 2001, Rebel's Drop-In Center has helped more than 1,630 participants in their efforts to overcome mental health and/or substance abuse issues. The center has earned a reputation as a safe and supportive, prejudice-free environment with impressive outcomes.
For clients receiving mentoring to reduce hospitalization rates:
- 92% are not hospitalized during the first 90 days in the program, and
- 90% of participants surveyed show Improvement in Life Skills and Emotional Stability.
- 89% of individuals surveyed indicate reduced feelings of stress and isolation.