I am a cardiologist at Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute. One of the aspects that I love about cardiology is that we have a lot of options to offer our patients – from medications, stents, valve replacements and even heart transplantation. And we offer all these options at Memorial.
At MCVI, you have an entire team of people in your corner. Everyone here is trying to figure out a way to help you feel better, to try and help you get over whatever illness is troubling you and to improve your quality of life.
That is the way I approach every day. Patients come into the office with a troubling symptom or concern, and I try to figure out something that will allow them to feel or function better. If I can come in every day and help someone feel better, then I have accomplished something very useful.
In addition to caring for patients at Memorial, I have also served as chief of the Division of Cardiology at Memorial Healthcare System from 1994 to 1998, taught medical students from Nova Southeastern University from 1995 to 2003 and served as president of Memorial EKG Associates since 2000.
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine, 1984
St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital, 1987, Internal Medicine
North Shore University Hospital, 1989, Cardiovascular Disease
American Board of Internal Medicine-Cardiovascular Disease
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
Awards, Achievements, and More
- Odyssey Outcomes: PCSK9 receptor inhibitors in ACS patients with persistently elevated lipid levels despite high dose statins
- Carmelina: Type II diabetics with high cardiac and renal risks treated with Tradjenta
- Warfarin genetic testing for dose ranging trial
- Trilogy ACS: Comparison of Prasugrel vs. Clopidegrel in medically managed ACS patients
- RELY trial: Dabigatran vs. Warfarin in stroke prevention in patients with chronic atrial fibrillation
- Coral Trial: Management of Accelerated Hypertension due to renal artery stenosis with renal artery stenting vs. medical therapy
- African-American Heart Failure trial (AAHeFT): ACE inhibitor vs. nitrates and hydralazine in African Americans with heart failure
- SCD-HFT: NIH study randomizing Class III and IV CHF patients to standard medical therapy vs. amiodarone vs. ICD
- Cariporide trial: Randomized placebo controlled trial of cariporide in minimizing reperfusion injury in ACS
- American College of Cardiology
- American Society of Echocardiography
- Broward County Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association