Noureldin Abdelhamid, MD
I am a hospital-based vascular neurologist at Memorial Healthcare System. I care for patients suffering from stroke, as well as those with acute and critical neurological conditions requiring hospitalization, such as seizure disorders, multiple sclerosis, myasthenia gravis and Guillain-Barré syndrome.
I chose to specialize in neurology because I always wanted to study this higher organ that makes our species different. It has been a long journey learning it, yet I still find its complexity quite intriguing. There continues to be vast room for advancement in the field, which is a source of hope for my patients and me.
I’m passionate about helping people avoid the devastating outcomes of stroke, especially after losing my own two grandmothers to the disease. Stroke is the leading cause of disability in the country, and early and advanced treatment plays a critical role in helping people return to their normal lives.
I call upon my many years of experience gained working at multiple large comprehensive stroke centers around the country to meet the personalized needs of those in my care. Throughout my professional years I have quickly gained a reputation of being a hardworking, smart, compassionate physician. In addition, I have held leadership roles, served as a teacher and conducted research in the field.
My mission is to provide my patients with the best care, to offer excellent neurological consultation services to all hospital divisions and to improve the stroke quality measures worldwide.
- Ain Shams University, 2005
- Ain Shams University, 2006
- Suny At Buffalo School Of Medicine, 2012, Neurology
- Suny At Buffalo School Of Medicine, 2015, Neurology
- University Of Cairo, 2008
- Houston Methodist Hospital, 2021, Vascular Neurology
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology-Neurology
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology-Vascular Neurology
- Excellence in Stroke Care Award, Houston Methodist Hospital, Texas, 2021
- Golden Needle Award for the fastest stroke treatment of the year (17 minutes), Houston Methodist Hospital, Texas, 2021
- Stroke Research Investigator Award, Houston Methodist Hospital, Texas, 2021
- Ed Fogan Award for the Best Neurology Resident, University of Buffalo, New York, 2015
- American Academy of Neurology Resident Scholarship Award, 2015
- Best Quality Improvement Research Project, University of Buffalo, New York, 2014
- Medical School Dean’s List, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, 2003
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Heart and Stroke Association
- Medical Council of Canada
- Egyptian Medical Syndicate
My research focuses on the relationship between heart conditions and stroke, as well as quality improvement projects to improve stroke quality of care.