If you think your patient may benefit from a kidney transplant, or you want to self-refer, we want to hear from you. At Memorial Transplant Institute, we've simplified the referral process. We want to help reach more people in need of life-saving transplantation services as quickly as possible.
Kidney Transplant: Why Refer to Memorial Transplant Institute?
Our skilled transplant teams work closely with referring doctors, patients and families to coordinate every detail of the transplant process, from initial evaluation to follow-up care. We offer:
- Extraordinary accessibility: We're the only hospital in Broward County — and one of only two in south Florida — that can provide kidney transplants for children and adults.
- Innovative care for complex cases: Our surgical and medical teams have a combined 30 years of experience performing kidney transplant surgeries. We offer the latest in kidney transplantation, such as paired donation, cross-match transplant and pre-emptive transplants.
- Access to the newest protocols: When you refer patients to us, they can access clinical trials offering leading-edge protocols for transplant. Your patients benefit from the latest medical research on new immunosuppressants and other methods to reduce the likelihood of organ rejection.
- Dedicated transplant team: Our transplant care team includes specialists with diverse backgrounds, including physicians, social workers, pharmacists, dietitians and coordinators. Our team members all have years of experience treating patients undergoing transplant surgeries. Everyone works together to address all aspects of transplant care, seamlessly. Meet our kidney transplant team.
Who Can Refer Patients to Us?
Our transplant specialists fully evaluate each patient's condition and circumstances before determining eligibility. At Memorial Transplant Institute, we welcome kidney transplant referrals from:
- Primary care doctors
- Social workers
- Family members
- Patients (self-referrals)